The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Prestige Q&A thread
So, my thought just randomly came up on GMI. How about a GM (Preferably Grakor, as he seems to be in charge of this stuff) opens a thread where one, who has a question about a Prestige, can ask it?

Thoughts? Opinions?
It seems like the system will be out in the open soon enough so I'm not sure it's necessary... BUT, if it's still going to be a month or more this does seem like a reasonable idea.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Not for... "Will it be out soon?"

But I believe for, prestige themselves. Like questions about a certain prestige's abilities.

I'd definitely want a forum to be able to ask questions, instead of hunting down GM after GM to admin, to finally get the 100% final answer.
As for particular questions about prestige class' abilities, I suggest waiting until they have finished the system so that they can give you the full answers you want because I'm positive I remember reading somewhere, a GM saying that the system isn't finished and they are still working on things like abilities though I could be wrong.
*Shrug*.

Ask a question, and we'll see if we can answer it.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Does the system have "ranks" or "tiers" like the last one did, or are all prestiges in one big pile? Also, what exactly is the application process, if you can tell us that?
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
NO
MUHAHA
THAT'S NOT THE PURPOSE

How many Skeletal minions would a Pyremaster be able to have at once?
Is there a Mountain King/Queen variant for one on a Gryphon?
Could Ley Walkers go back in time?
Quote:"Could Ley Walkers go back in time?"

I already know this is possible, to make the question more specific, would it be allowed on this server?

If not, what kind time manipulating powers would a Ley Walker be allowed on CotH if any? Maybe just a certain object...

EX: If a plate fell on the floor, and shattered, could a ley walker reverse the time on it, putting it back together?
Quote:Does the system have "ranks" or "tiers" like the last one did, or are all prestiges in one big pile?
Big pile.

Quote:How many Skeletal minions would a Pyremaster be able to have at once?
They would be temporary, decaying quickly, and be on fire. Probably only one under most circumstances. Two would be pushing it. They're not really necromancers.

Quote:Is there a Mountain King/Queen variant for one on a Gryphon?
Nope. You'd just be a Mountain King on a gryphon. You could potentially make a custom prestige for it though.

Quote:Could Ley Walkers go back in time?
Nope. The only way you could go back in time is like everyone else, through the Bronze Dragonflight. And that would require GM permission anyway.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Could a Bronze Dragonsworn go back in time? (I'm only talking like 5 minutes, at most)

What would the maximum range on a Bow Dead Shot be?

Would an Elemental Ascendant be a possible future/custom prestige? (http://www.wowpedia.org/Ascendant_Council)
You missed the other part of my question, Xigo. What's the application process?
Spoiler:
Quote:Could a Bronze Dragonsworn go back in time? (I'm only talking like 5 minutes, at most)
With GM permission, perhaps.

Quote:What would the maximum range on a Bow Dead Shot be?
Dunno yet.

Quote:
Would an Elemental Ascendant be a possible future/custom prestige? (http://www.wowpedia.org/Ascendant_Council)
Dunno. Make an application for it when the system comes out and find out.

Quote:You missed the other part of my question, Xigo. What's the application process?
Tsch. You'll see when it comes out.
Hmmm...

Does the training work entirely IG, entirely on the forums, or some mix of the two?
Spoiler:
(06-16-2011, 08:49 AM)muhaha8 Wrote: Hmmm...

Does the training work entirely IG, entirely on the forums, or some mix of the two?

It works as a forum post, as usual, though things are a bit more rigidly defined; we had issues in the past with some people completing prestiges with much fewer posts than others, and it really didn't seem fair, to put it simple.

We're also attempting to furnish you with the usual method of training for the classes, to help you with your posts- you may, of course, deviate somewhat from this, but it was thought best that there was an example, especially for those difficult classes without much lore surrounding them.

Spiralin Wrote:what kind time manipulating powers would a Ley Walker be allowed on CotH if any?

I'm of the mind to say that a leywalker would be able to cast abilities such as haste and slow; effectively causing others to move or speed up by their own perception, but not everyone else's. Of course, that's just coming from me, but I believe those spells would be easily put it.

Keep in mind that we'll be wanting player input once things are released- that being in the form of suggestion for new abilities or edits to existing abilities, or even whole new classes. So if you're not liking the answers to some of these questions, perhaps we can work something out with that, heh.
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, we have the option of using some semblance of a template? Huh, neat.

Edit: Does the system have any restrictions, such as "You can only have X amount," other than the usual one class at a time bit?
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An idea for the Dragonsworn Prestige Lendri 14 2,795 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Prestige Training FlyingSquirrel 6 1,166 12-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Prestige Law? ThePharaoh 31 5,215 07-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Prestige Class Mechanics: Post-Restart Shane 21 3,389 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Terant