The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What would be a good day for a weekly event?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Friday
12.50%
2 12.50%
Saturday
75.00%
12 75.00%
Sunday
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Aula Arcanum: Risen from the Ashes
The Academy of Aula Arcanum

"Honestly, they don't teach you young mages anything these days. Violet Citadel's gone to pot, and that's the truth." Quote of Aegwynn, Archmage and former Guardian of Tirisfal.

The Aula Arcanum is back for it's third time around, and won't be going anywhere any time soon! We have made some changes this time around with the help of pliantreality's great ideas!

The Goal of the Academy of Aula Arcanum

We strive to instruct young mages in the world of arcane magics, so that they may take our knowledge and spread it onward to the next generation of magi. We will be forming a community of skilled and educated arcanists who may aid others with the skills we have given them.

There will be three classes:

Evocation:

The study of offensive magics in the form of fire and ice. In this class, students will learn the fundamentals of destructive magics.

Professor: Rubie (Nexi)

General Arcane:

The largest of the three classes, this topic will provide students with an understanding of defensive magics. In addition to this, students will dive into the numerous schools of arcane magic including illusion, abjuration, enchanting, transmutation, divination and conjuration.

Professor: Aroes Blackstone (aroes)

"Ley-Work":

In this class, students will learn the fundamentals of the creation of portals and teleportation.

Professor: Loxmardin (Loxmardin..)

Teaching positions are full! Now we need STUDENTS!

Note: Teachers MUST be active individuals. Do not apply for a teaching position if you are not active!

Ranks

Headmaster:

The head of the school. The headmaster is at the top of the hierarchy, deciding who is hired and how much they are paid.

Currently: Headmaster Edgar Barlton (Pletious)

Magister:

The trusted advisor to the headmaster. This individual is in-charge of the Department Heads.

Currently: Magister Marlowe (pliantreality)

Department Head:

The chiefs of the three departments; Education, Advanced Placement, and Research and Development. These individuals are in-charge of the staff within these departments. They also are the ones who pass out pay checks.

Currently: Uthaniel, Chief of Staff. Education DH. (arkandrews)

Teachers:

The professors of the academy. They are ultimately in-charge of the students within the academy. These individuals teach the curriculum of their subject.

Currently: Professor Rubie, Evocation (Nexi), Professor Aroes Blackstone, General Arcane (aroes), Professor Loxmardin, Ley-Work (Loxmardin).

Staff:

The staff are the hired help of the academy. Cooks, cleaners, researchers and graduates all fall under this category.

Currently: Charles Winston Spencer, Librarian/Researcher (Wkeeley)

Students:

Finally, the students! The eager minds of the academy. Their job is to soak up as much information as possible by the end of the year!

Currently: N/A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teacher and Staff Applications

If you have a character who would like to apply for a job in the academy, you must fill out the following application and send it to either myself (Pletious), or pliantreality via PM. You could also post it here in this topic, but you are encouraged to proceed with the first option.

Forum Name:

Character Full Name:

Position:

Education:

Motivation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:

Forum Name: Pletious

Character Full Name: George Saint-Pierre

Position: Professor, Ley-Work

Education: Graduated from the University of Dalaran.

Motivation: I believe George Saint-Pierre would be a great addition to the staff. He is blank and blank!

Rules

The OOC rules of the academy are the same as the server's. Abide by these and you will do fine.

The IC rules of the academy are the same as those of a regular college or university. The character must take his or her education seriously ( while in class, anyway! ) and must give their professors the respect they deserve. All staff members must give their higher-ups the same respect students would give their teachers. This does NOT mean that the higher-ups may disrespect the members lower on the spectrum. In short, respect everyone.

Comments and concerns are welcome.
Once we gain a healthy population, we will discuss having weekly events.

Students simply have to contact either myself or pliantreality in-game to join OOCly.

On that note, everyone must join ICly as well! ( durr )
Awww I would so apply for Ley-Work on Relon, buuuuut, can't. I really want to though, buuuut he has too many haters icly. :)
Barlton has a lot of 'haters' too. ^^
Ding ding ding, I just had an idea. I'll be pm'ing you about it shortly. :)
Forum Name: Loxmardin.

Character Full Name: Loxmardin!

Position: Teacher; General Arcane Ley-Work

Education: I don't know what kind of education they offered on Argus or Oshu'gun, but... She's been practicing Arcane magics for pretty much as long as she can remember and stuck to her art when many of the others turned to the Light because of the Naaru. She was born on Argus and has been practicing magic since.

Motivation: Loxmardin likes when people listen to her and she feels the very best when she teaches. Granted, she's a bit overconfident in her abilities and has a big ego, but... She does know what she's talking about. Most of the time.

And, you asked me. c:
Sorry, Loxy. That position has been taken. :<
FFFF- is Ley-Work still open? :<
It is.
Quote:Position: Teacher; General Arcane Ley-Work

Fix'd.
Yay loxxy!

Welcome aboard, Loxy. ^^
Can I sign Fal'del up for General Arcane as a student?
Ya.
Woot, Relon's the janitor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Aula Arcanum: Interested? Edgar 20 3,864 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  Arcanum's new system. Uthaniel 23 4,313 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  Nitor Alumnus - Aula Arcanum revamped. Uthaniel 11 1,824 09-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Uthaniel
  Aula Arcanum Reborn Dareksar 18 4,066 07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Dareksar