The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Updating to Cataclysm
For once, probably some one who is glad the Cataclysm update for Conquest of the Horde. I've had the chance to play on retail and see for my self what is good and should be kept. Firstly, Cataclysm provides much more lore about Warcraft from level 1-60 and 80-85. So I would advise doing the quests and making sure ALL quests are 100% intact, atleast mob wise. Cataclysm is full of huge quest chains so if a quest no longer functions it would mess up loads of other quests. With that said, be careful what quests you do because some phasing is faction based, so once you are phased and lets say you've taken over a Horde/Alliance camp you will only see other players who have done that too in that area.

The new quest chains are perfect for leveling, with the new guild perks, and the heir looms you can at least level 30% faster anyway, and I've noticed even 5% faster out levels you to your quests pretty quickly. The reason I think the level rate should be left alone as it is, is because these new quests are very RPable if you stay true to your character. Heck, it could mean you level a lot slower, but as I have done so on retail, leveling in groups and RPing every bit you can develops your character so much. I have noticed that because of our style of RP, characters develop very slowly and sometimes you lose the feel of adventure.

Bringing the new cap to 60 rather than 50 for non-approved characters is also a change worth considering. You get your Azeroth Flying License at level 60 for 200g. This means that getting to RP locations is easy and you can also get to the spots in the moutains. Also grants easier access to NPCless areas such as; Ahn'Qijari, Zul'Gurub, Ruins of Lordaeron, and Ruins of Gilneas.

People adventure when in Azeroth, please! It's a thing worth considering. There are TONS of RP spots you can access on foot. And I am sure people will encounter each other on their adventures, be it two rival groups meet and there is a conflict, or they team up against a greater threat? Or you could meet new people, form an alliance for some time and help each other do what you need, then eventually parting ways knowing that you have some people you can rely on for future RP. If no one thinks their characters would adventure with yours and you seem like there is no one to do it with, hire mercs. They need a job and there are plenty to go around. Hehe.

There are so much lore on classes now and hybrid classes that I think we could possibly take a more Oblivion view on classes. Yes it sounds crazy.. hybrid classes it's never going to happen. But hear me out. I have thought about this and looked on possible ways to abuse it. The biggest issue was people taking on too many skills and trying to act like super heros. So, we make a selection of skills to use, and then put a cap on the skills you can pick. You could even change it so different aspects are dealt separately.

Example:

Race:
Human
Dwarf
Night Elf
Gnome
Worgen

Orc
Undead
Troll
Tauren
Blood Elf
Goblin
These each have their own little skills, perhaps. But I can see why you would leave races as all equal aswell.

Base Class:
Rouge
Warrior
Paladin
Warlock
Hunter
Druid
Shaman
Priest
Death Knight
Mage
This is where you get your main class attributes, like stealth or what armour you wear etc etc.

Abilities:
Follower of the Light
Fel User
Arcane Caster
Assassin
Weapon master
Swordsman
Armourer
Theif
Illusionist
Marskman
Keeper of Nature
Elementailist
Feral Spirit
Tamer
Shadow Wielder
Necromatic
Will Power
All of these have different abilities but none are better than the others. People could pick a combination of 5 of these. This means people get much much more diverse characters. Assassin Priests, they make total sense because who would suspect a priest? Shamanic druids, many npcs are already shaman/druids. A shadow hunter, or a hunter with shadow/necromancer influences. However, these skill would be for approved profiles only, you start off as your base class.

Now, if people want to do a character progression which has meaning, don't jump on .lo rp straight away.

If we could make it so people learned all the flight paths, or possible only approved profiles, please do so. There are loads more flight paths making it easier to get to RP locations.

Please drop the costs for riding. And increase drop rate as well.

Cataclysm has many opportunities for neutral and horde/alliance RP. And if you don't want to fight other players, there are plenty of decent quest chains. But please remember that the horde and alliance both hate each other, that the Horde is falling apart and there could be many conflicts within the same faction, and that the Alliance have even more reason to hate the Horde.

Worgens, please for the love of your own decency here, do not walk around in worgen form casually.

That is all I had to say on Cata.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Bah! I forgot to mention, after you pick your base class, there are three sub classes to those. Which will be your spec. Cataclysm speccing is different, you get less points and you have to stick to one specc until you have reached the bottom. Also, up pon choosing spec you get skills you can only get as that spec. You can get dual spec at level 30 for 10g now. Which means your character could learn some new skills ICly too. Each spec has a nice little description on how the game technics tie to your character IC.
...Yes, we are all aware of the changes happening in Cataclysm. Now, these changes probably won't effect us for a Whiiiile...

Some things to note:
1. You can still quest even if you are over-levelled.
2. While levelling is faster in Cata, I don't think people really want to deal with the whole "levelling up" process.
3. The cap will probably stay 50, and the GMs will probably just let flying happen at level 50.
4. I think if they wanted us to have all the flight points, they would have given us all of them.
5. I think the riding costs may already be dro- No? Eh. Deal.
6. There will actually be LESS neutrality in Cataclysm...what with all out war and such.
7. Worgen can do what they damn well please! >:(
8. The quests will not be 100% working. Heck, they might even be worse than now. This is nothing the GMs can really do. (Well, they MIGHT be able to do something...but...It's not their responsibility).
9. Phasing, maybe, might be really messed up.
10. Who said Cata wasn't gonna be good? I think everyone is waiting patiently for it.
11. Forgive my ignorance, but what point were you trying to make with that list?

PS. I am insulted that you think we know nothing about Cata >:( INSULTED I SAY! But seriously, many of us have been keeping track. Also, my biggest point would be: If the GMs haven't given us any...privilages now, they probably won't later.
Are we even upgrading to Cataclysm because I heard we weren't.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
ThePharaoh Wrote:Are we even upgrading to Cataclysm because I heard we weren't.

I imagine we will "Soon™"

But seriously, I don't see why we wouldn't...

I just imagine the Trinity team is like...dying over there if they haven't given up yet.

As has been stated many times before, TrinityCore is not updating to Cataclysm. Therefore we'd need a new core.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
MadFerret Wrote:4. I think if they wanted us to have all the flight points, they would have given us all of them.

Apparently there is no GM command that allows one to learn all the flight paths anymore unfortunately.

And also, I am sure that they are trying rather hard to get Cataclysm. If you have noticed there are very VERY few private servers with 4.0.1 and I'm positive that maybe one or two have 4.0.3a and said servers are HIGHLY laggy. The quest for gaining Cataclysm is in it's infancy.

Oh! And also about the Worgen comment. Worgen can walk around in their Worg form quite nonchalantly. They are not the same as the Shadowfang Worgen. The 'Gilnean Worgen' is essentially a whole new breed. Seeing as they turn via the traditional 'bite.' And are much easier to tame (apparently.) Worgen are essentially Werewolves, but Werewolves with a LOT of control. I do realize that the Worgen plague spread via the Scythe as the Shadowfangs did but I'm deducing that the reason for the differences in mindset is because these Worgen are not 'summoned' into Azeroth as the Shadowfangs (and others) were. In the Gilnean case its sort of, "Oh no the scythe dropped on our heads and now we are cursed." rather than "Oh no some evil bastard has the Scythe and hes summoning Worgen." I do realize that a few of the Shadowfang Worgen were actually turned, but via a magic rather than a bite.

Anyway, just my two cents.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
Something really hit me the other day.. phasing.. we've all been discussing little subjects. My bad I guess.. but here is the terror of Cataclysm. PHASING! It's not cross faction, you will get ally and horde only phasing, you will then all of a sudden notice that you can't RP with your friends because they haven't done these quests, or there quests have phased them differently because they are a different faction so like, to them your base is taken by alliance or their base to you is taken over by horde... or you might have blown up an area.. invaded something. We don't have enough players to all be phased differently. Once you are phased you cannot go back and un phase. It means you litterally won't be able to play with your friends anymore.

Suggestions on how to deal with this? Players become truly factionless? In that sense both ally and horde could phase them selves the right way, purely on an OOC basis so the issue is, less of an issue. (I dunno.. it could bring out more problems then answers but its an answer)
Player command which could mean we can pick the phases of the area we are in? Set our selves to Ally phase 3 or horde phase 2 for example? (hardest but best way to deal with this, it could bring a lot more dynamic RP for events and stuff, also people could phase out of certain areas so they can RP privately, EG for a dream? Or a private guild expedition.)
Completely ignore epic questlines and lore and everyone will have too read it on the internet? (easiest but most boring solution imo)

It could require a hacker, or complete no life to script it in to the core. Its not impossible, but solutions are there. Personally the commands would be the way I'd go about it..
I'm sure we'll figure it out when the time comes.
Or nobody can do the quests.
Such a boring, and easy alternative.
Well, the quests and phasing and stuff... That's all the core's job, not CotH's.
Cores can be modified to suit our needs. Quality of RP should be our priority.
mangaboy111 Wrote:Such a boring, and easy alternative.

Yet it saves so much hassle and time, when

mangaboy111 Wrote:Quality of RP should be our priority.
I see your point, but I have to disagree. Putting some effort, perhaps time, into this issue to solve it the best we can will mean that the out come will be of far better quality than before. Also, leading up to Cataclysm there are many things that need to happen. The cultist events, the slow sundering which didn't magically happen over night.

Alliance taking over half of the Barrens.
The Forsaken killing off Southshore, and turning the Hillsbrad Farms into a sick undead creation Plant.
The Wildhammer Dwarves.
The death of Cairne Bloodhoof.
The rise of the New Horde, under Garrosh Hellscream.
The Attack of the Grimetotem tribe on Thunderbluff. Ashenvale hacked to pieces by the Horde.
The Repression of Westfall.
The Retaking of Echo Isle.
The Purge of Zul'Gurub.
The gates of Uldum finally open.
The Alliance of the Dragonmaw Clan to the Horde.
The Purge of Scourge forces in Western Plaguelands.
The Battle for Andorhal.
Argent Crusade retaking the four towers of the Eastern Plaguelands.
Death Knights becoming more part of the Horde and the Alliance, less regarded as evil.
The Orcs embracing Warlocks and regarding them as powerful allies.
Trolls embracing the Voodoo (warlocks) and Druidism.
The rise of the Sun Walkers.
Blood Elves retaking the Sunwell.. no longer having to sap everything in sight.
The return of the Highbourne.
The destruction of the Park in Stormwind.
Horde and Alliance battles in Azshara (Will the pact between the Orcs and the Elves in Azshara Crater last?)
Horde and Alliance really hating each other now, so we need to be less neutral.
Nagas returning and causing a mess everywhere there is ocean.
Blackhand Orcs burning Northshire, the battle of Northshire begins.
The return of the Defias.
Forsaken taking over Shadow Fang Keep.
Forsaken taking over Pyrewood Village.
Humans being more open to the wilds, to allow hunters, their alliance with the Night Elves paid off.. basically.
Humans being less narrowminded, allowing other races to live in their lands.
Dwarves embracing Shamanism.
Battles in Stonetalon.

We need to take account all of these events. Start adding the hate of the Horde and Alliance into your RP. Start showing that cultists not warlock but minions of the old gods are stirring up shizzle. Nagas retaking the beaches. Less hate towards the Highbourne. Dragonmaw orcs returning. Frostwolf orcs and Undead hating each other. Undead actually following Sylvanas and not rocking about in the Catacombs. The Forsaken Plague. There is no point in upgrading to Cataclysm if no one is going to RP Cataclysm. There is alot more to it then "omg everything is burning because of death wing!" and I am not saying that's what CotH will do, all I am doing is pointing out and making sure that every really understands what Cataclysm means. It's the end of the WoW as we know it. Before we even change to it we are going to have to progressively change what we are RPing, which I know is hard. But it can be a good change, something new, something fresh.

I hope you understand what I am trying to get to.
Peace.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Updating the Wiki Diethe 3 1,199 09-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Cataclysm and when we are in it. Thoradin 7 1,854 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Cataclysm and TRP2 SachikoMaeda 11 2,703 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Maarten