The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Me, uh.. Sill, right. Hi CoTH. Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm Sill- Sill Abendroth is my online alias, my name is Mike Kane. I have been roleplaying for.. whoa going on.. eight years? Eight years, on and off. I have the odd ability to enjoy roleplaying on the most outlandish things to the majority of the roleplay community. But that doesn't stop me from loving the stuff designed for roleplaying. I have the recent desire to get into legitimate mature roleplaying again after a few months break due to some real life issues.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Marietta in the great state of Georgia, CSA. I speak American English with an awkward accent which is a combination of a southern accent, Chesapeake Bay accent, and a South Philly Italian-style accent. All that combined with my dialect of ebonics adds up to an unusual sentence. :)
I also took German for four years in high school and one year of Arabic. I'm still in the process of being educated in Arabic.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

In about '02-'03, started playing Starcraft. My mate at school told me about it and introduced me to the game. Absolutely fell in love with the game, and learned about Blizzard's other games. Immediately got Warcraft III: TFT. I've always enjoyed the high fantasy lore and style so I was naturally even more attracted to it. After roleplaying for so many years on Starcraft and Warcraft III:TFT, I got into WoW in August of '05. Joined the Feathermoon(US) RP server back in the game's legitimate infancy. Now, I play WoW on and off with whatever attracts me for the longest.

What made you seek our server over others?:

The roleplaying, the seriousness, and the name obviously. ;p
No, but really, the roleplaying is like Gabriel giving the news, it's a MIRACLE.
I've tried dozens of other private and retail servers. I've tried playing on a private server with a group of friends where we could just all roleplay together. Wasn't a bad idea, but after I did some googling, this diamond literally fell onto my screen.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Recently I've had a softspot for near-future roleplaying, but my passion has always been in D&D style, high fantasy roleplaying. World of Warcraft's particulars make roleplaying on here a must. I prefer roleplaying with groups of people and seeing how every character's personality gets fleshed out during the adventure. Example; trip to the next town over, can surprise somebody in thousands of ways. That's my favorite style of roleplaying, just doing normal stuff and seeing what comes of it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race in the whole Warcraft universe is trolls, I enjoy their history and their leaders. I don't like their roll in WoW outside of the Darkspear though. The race I most play as is Forsaken, my main is usually a Forsaken Warlock. So flat out, Troll/Warlock? No, that doesn't work... Forsaken Warlock. :)

What are your expectations of this server?:

A solid community. Something on terms with, you can literally walk down Orgrimmar's street and find somebody new, exciting, and interesting. People always down to adventure and roleplay. I hope the lore of the server stays updated aswell, it is very appealing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The fact that this website actually screens people correctly. I honestly did not expect such a tightly run ship. The rules for roleplaying, like the more specific ones about PvP and character death.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It's three hundred years prior to Somath's teacher creating a rebellion, but this section of the league is designed to give Somath some fleshed out character, that's what the focus was on. It is an excerpt from an enlarging story. Campfire stories. :P

Spoiler:
"This is a good spot. Let's put the fire here."

A human woman clad in a polished white exoskeleton stood amidst a small outcropping of rocks and natural debris. Behind her came a hulking marine in similar, but much larger armor. He was carrying a good 20 pounds of dried wood under one arm and a 10 pound bag of marshmallows beneath the other.

"You can put the wood..."

The marine had dumped the food for the fire onto the dirt and was quickly tearing into the plastic containing the confections.

"Down..."

The medic stared dumbfounded at the enthusiasm with which he tore through the bag.

"Don't eat all of those at once, John. They're gonna make you nauseous."

The marine was already stuffing handfuls of marshmallow into his gob.

“Cate!”

The medic looked about. No one was around.

“Hey, Cate!”

The voice came from behind her. She turned about to stare dead-faced at a freshly decloaked ghost. The medic jumped back, smashing into her much larger companion as he set the firewood.

“Jesus, Jenny. You scared me.”

“I know!”

The ghost looked down at the marine trying to reassemble the fuel for the fire.
“John, really? Log cabin? Any idiot could tell you that tipi is the best way to make a fire.”

“Like hell it is.”

The ghost made to confront the hulking mass of a soldier over the arrangement, but was held in check.
“Now, now, sister. Let him do it as he pleases.”

She flailed about trying to get loose.
“Come on, Mark! He’s doing it wrong!”

“Jenny…”

She simmered down.
“Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine…”

Two protoss templar walked toward the encirclement of terrans. The humans looked up at the converging aliens. The aliens looked down at the seated humans. The exchange lasted far longer than it should have.

"So uh," Cate began, "make yourselves comfortable."

"Comfortable? Upon a seat of rock and dead wood?”

“Oh, just stop bitchin’ and si’down,” John said

The templar stared psi-blades at the marine

"Partake in the ritual, Tolos,” came the psychic whisper of the dark templar. “It cannot harm you."

"It is a waste of my time."

"What isn't a waste of your time, brother? Michael’s death came about because you could not be bothered to strike down his assailant. Reflect on that."

"Do not burden me with the terran's inadequacy, Somath. It is not my culpability."

“Would you just sit and desist with your angst? You’re no better than the terrans if you pout like one.”

With as great a scowl as he could envisage, the high templar sat down atop a boulder, his darker counterpart following next to him.

"This fire is horrible for my skin," Tolos said.

"Would you like some moisturizer?" the medic began, "I have some in my medical pack."

"I would like some," Somath replied.

"Ah ha ha,” the marine laughed. “You woman! What do you need lotion for?"

"John, shut up. The protoss have extremely permeable skin. That's how they drink. They'll dehydrate if they stay around the fire without some kind of protection. Oh, wait, this kind might fill his pores."

"You are quite knowledgeable, Catherine," the dark templar said.

The medic smiled as she procured a tube for Somath.
"I should be if there are protoss members of my team."

She pressed a finger to her chin.
"Wait, these contain isopropyl. That might cause a psychotropic effect."

“Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I wanna see them trip such balls.”

The medic looked across the fire at the whisperer. The ghost was smiling. Cate went back to searching, but came up with nothing.
“Dammit. Hmm, the best I can offer you is my canteen.”

She pulled a metal container free from her suit and tossed it to the templar.
“Take a…”

Somath stared normally at her, a critical orifice not present on his face.

“Drink… Uh, yeah...”

“The solution is obvious, Cate,” the ghost said.

She held out her hands to pantomime unscrewing the lid to the canteen before dumping the contents of the imaginary bottle down her chest. There was a series of other gestures that neither the medic nor the templar could quite make out, although the last thought she had was “take it off.”

“I ain’t never get how a creature can’t have a mouth,” John said, his own mouth full of marshmallow goop.

“Well, xenobiology doesn’t have defining parameters for life,” the medic began. “It’s possible that we could find a eukaryote that is based on silicon or uses ethanol as its fluidic transport medium.”

Her scientific spiel left things quieter.

“Why you gotta use words I can’t understand?” John asked.

“Yea, Cate. Why?” the ghost asked, mimicking the marine’s southern drawl.

“Well, I don’t really know how to explain it in layman’s terms. I… never needed to.”

“So try and make us understand, Cate. Why don’t they have mouths?”

“Well, if they never had an ancestor with a mouth, they wouldn’t need it. Genetics are a crap shoot. Sometimes you get really weird things that work.”

“Like me,” Somath said.

“Yes, like…” the medic began. “No, I’m not gonna fall for that one. We may not understand what exactly makes the protoss function, but that doesn’t make them beneath us or anything. If anything, they’re fascinating.”

“She doesn’t think about what she says, does she?” the dark templar asked Tolos.

“Not a bit,” the high templar responded.

"Yeah, protoss anatomy is fascinating," Jennifer mused. "I've always wanted to put a canister shot through one of your heads."
She looked toward the templar.

Tolos' featureless face contorted as much as it could with the rage he felt.
"Avert your eyes from me before I evaporate your mind, you psychopath."

She looked toward the nerazim.
"Oh, don't worry. I wouldn't hurt you boys. But those giant heads..."

The ghost licked her lips.
"Imagine the show a well placed canister rifle would make. Boom!" she exclaimed. “Headshot!”

Tolos turned to face the dark templar.
"Are you not offended by her?"

"Not at all," he replied. "I confess, during fits of boredom, I imagine the glory of combat. It is a tremendous feeling, swinging a blade with enough might to cleave your enemy's head from his body. I can feel the resistance within the stroke."

He raised his hands and stared at them.
"It is exhilarating."

Jennifer jerked her brother's arm repeatedly, pointing at the dark templar.
"See, he gets it!"

She looked back toward Somath, the widest smile cresting on her face.
"God, I am gonna do such evil things to you!"

The nerazim had no idea what she meant until she shared her thoughts. He was stunned momentarily, eyes wide at the alien concepts running through his head. Jennifer held him firmly in her gaze, her expression revealing the most basic, instinctive ideas. He felt as if she was physically pressing him against a cold, rigid wall. Her mental advances were aggressive and a touch overpowering, but he felt no threat. None to his life, at least.
"As you like," he replied.

Jennifer went back to calmly sitting on the log, hands folded across her lap, defecation consuming smirk still wide on her face and her eyes focused unflinchingly toward the templar.

"Sorry," Mark telepathically whispered to Somath. "Thanks for playing along with her."

"Certainly. But I was not 'playing'."

The spectre mirrored the dark templar's expression from a moment ago. If the protoss had a mouth, he too would be smiling. The spectre was reaching for his rifle as Somath laughed heartily at the response he provoked. Mark stopped with his hand on the trigger guard of his rifle, staring suspiciously at the alien in front of him. There was a kind of clever levity in his eyes. Somath enjoyed the response he had elicited, but didn't fully comprehend the context of it.

"You're both psychotic." Tolos dryly whispered to the templar sitting next to him.

Silence had pervaded for too long amongst the non-psychics.
"Can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on?" John asked.

"Yeah," Cate chimed in. "I'm actually confused on the whole uh... all of it. How do the protoss reproduce?"

Tolos had his face embedded in his palm the entire time. He had deeply contemplated unleashing a psionic burst to spare himself the awkwardness and indignation.
"It is none of your concern," he told them.

The answers would not come from the high templar. Thus, the terrans looked to his dark counterpart. Somath snickered.
"Use your imagination."

The marine's jaw hung partially open; the gooey strands of marshmallow stretched between his teeth as his chocolate bar brain went over the possibilities. Sitting opposite to him, the medic captain took a more pensive, if typical pose of eyes blankly staring upward and finger to her pink-painted lips.
"Photosynthetic reptiles with extremely potent psychic capabilities..."

"Are your psionics driven by emotion?" she asked.

Somath simply sat with his arms folded and his eyes shut. There was no need to even try to ask Tolos.

Cate turned back to her thoughts.
"There are females as well so that does mean sexual reproduction and that also means there has to be some degree of physical intimacy. Or does it?"

She looked at the high templar. The embarrassment had faded from Tolos slightly. He was resting his head on one finger as opposed to both hands. His eyes came to focus on hers.
"What are you looking at?" he coldly asked.

She then looked at Somath. He was resting his head on his hands as well, but they were underneath his chin in a contemplative manner. His eyes were looking at her too.

"But they aren't prolific. They don't have as many colony worlds as we do and they've been in this part of the galaxy for millennia."

Her eyes locked with Somath's as if the glowing orbs in his head held the clue she needed.
"Oh..."

"Yes," he replied quietly to her.

"I ain't got nothin'," John said to break the silence.

Cate placed her armored palm on the marine's shoulder.
"Don't worry about it. So, who's got a story?"

"I will tell a tale," Somath began. "One of conflict between the dark templar tribes. I made myself known on the field of battle. My blade struck down many of the Lenassa."

"He's got me like a firebat with a broken flamethrower," the ghost said aloud.

"Huh?" John mumbled through the layers of marshmallow in his mouth.

"Hot and bothered," Cate responded.

"Do not incite more from her!" the high templar scolded Somath. "She has already placed such disgusting images into my mind."

He rubbed the sides of his head forcefully.
"I will never be able to remove them."

“Tolos, you're so cool! I'm so glad you joined us, hmm,” the ghost mocked.

“As I was saying–we nerazim often feuded over claims of supplies, territory and tradition. We are much like the terrans in that regard.”

“Never would have been a problem had you stayed within the Khala.”
Tolos was leaning on two fingers as he said it.

The dark templar placed his face in his hands.
“Are you so embittered that you would take a jab at me at the expense of the dead?”

“I care not for the dead, Somath. Certainly, they care not for me.”

Somath gave him one final, disparaging look before turning back to the humans.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm trying to stick around for a long time if you guys want me to~
<3
Hello there Sill, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

We hope you stick around a while, too!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Introduction] CotH 99problems 5 1,210 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Soran/Roz's introduction application to CoTH! Soran 7 1,289 09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  CotH Introduction galrath1 1 760 07-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Katies CoTH Introduction ChickenWrap 1 691 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Dilly
  Good Morning CotH: An Introduction weathereddragon 1 685 02-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Post: sasail