The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Possible change regarding necromancers and runemasters
This is a change that the GMs have been discussing and planning, and could implement relatively soon should it be deemed a good idea. So, it's time for discussion among the players.

The idea, in short, is to change Necromancer and Runemaster to IC base classes instead of prestiges. They would require special profiles (and probably grunt status) to create, and would then be able to choose a prestige of their own if it is pursued when the next system comes out.

The current Necromancers would change to be base Necromancer and automatically have the Graven One prestige (which will be versatile enough to be worthwhile.) The only current Runemaster is Thragash, and likely I'll figure out what to do with him when the time comes.

Likely, we'll have a set of "fake talent trees", not really talent trees but more the three specializations, providing examples of what the class can do and also providing a focus for a character in the same way in-game spec does.

Having Necromancers and Runemasters (as well as Inscribers, but they're likely to simply be discarded) as prestiges were awkward, due to the way they were put into the system. On the one hand, losing all past abilities made it unusual and difficult, on the other hand, the sheer breadth of abilities that Necromancers and Runemasters have made keeping past abilities impractical. Considering that there was nothing that really made Necros/RMs more powerful than other classes within lore, the whole thing seemed a bit silly.

Thoughts? Comments?
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
...I like.
It's more accurate, accessible and true to the game;

But it'd be also important to make the profiles specially difficult to approve; Or the quantity of "Lolcharacters", so to speak, will be drastic.
What about the current Necromancers, though?
They would be upgraded to Graven One prestiges, I believe.
(06-14-2011, 10:47 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: What about the current Necromancers, though?

(06-14-2011, 10:36 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: The current Necromancers would change to be base Necromancer, Graven One prestige (which will be versatile enough to be worthwhile.)
GRAVEN ONE!!! :D
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
This should've happened ages ago, IMO. We made two classes that are already base classes into prestige classes. Where was the sense in that from thr beginning?
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Oooh, I like. Yes, it will create an influx of said characters, but it'll tone down, like everything does.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
What's the verdict on currently played characters who'd like to become necromancers at some point? Would it simply require another profile but as a necromancer, or just IC training?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I say nay.

While it wouldn't be too difficult in regards to necromancers, even low-level runemasters can be stupidly powerful. Beyond that of the other base classes.

That's just my opinion though.
(06-14-2011, 12:31 PM)Kaelvan Wrote: I say nay.

While it wouldn't be too difficult in regards to necromancers, even low-level runemasters can be stupidly powerful. Beyond that of the other base classes.

Then why are they base classes in the RPG?
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
(06-14-2011, 12:31 PM)Kaelvan Wrote: While it wouldn't be too difficult in regards to necromancers, even low-level runemasters can be stupidly powerful. Beyond that of the other base classes.

Can you explain why you think this?
(06-14-2011, 12:34 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: Then why are they base classes in the RPG?

In all fairness, all base classes in the RPG can do some pretty crazy things.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
(06-14-2011, 12:37 PM)Hawk Wrote: In all fairness, all base classes in the RPG can do some pretty crazy things.

Indeed, which is why I would like clarification as to this particular dissenting opinion. Runemasters in the d20 are actually fairly tame compared to the cloth casters, in terms of magic.

We will, obviously, be defining runemaster abilities and removing what we feel is too excessive. The idea is the spirit of the class (bare-fist fighter that augments himself and others with runic magic) rather than the specifics that the d20 provides.

Edit: As far as current characters that want to switch to Necro, that would be worked out as any other class change would be. Which means it'd be difficult to make happen, but possible with a good enough story and reason.
*nodnod*
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things change Magikox 3 6,966 06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Priest-Necromancers? Piken 55 8,577 06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Profile Change? zeromanzx 8 1,232 01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  An appeal to fairness, warlocks, necromancers and the arcane Arrillion 36 5,758 12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Sourpuddle
  Player related stories that change CotH Ob3y 6 1,399 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Gricca