The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grakor's Rambling Rant on the Server
I've had a lot of time to think, to evaluate myself and the server, what I like and I dislike. I ended up having a long, rambling rant that I made to some of my friends on the Ventrilo, but I'm thinking perhaps it's better if I make my stance, my personal stance, public.

Many people just don't know me. Maybe that should change.

I'm dividing this post into sections, and going off on rambles and rants. Make of them what you will, or don't read them at all. Your choice.

-----

Custom Content

I think, to truly understand what I'm about to say, it helps to know what I think the server should be, and what I want from it. In short, all I want CotH to be, and all I ever wanted it to be, is what retail RP servers would be like if Blizzard actually cared to enforce RP and everyone came on to RP instead of raid or PvP. That's pretty much it. Anything outside of that, with the large custom areas and things like prestiges, are things that I never really needed to have a good time roleplaying.

I always wanted to keep CotH as close to canon WoW lore as possible. At times we've gone away from that and done our own thing, and every time I've regretted it. If I could go back in time and change things, there are three main things I'd do: never be the one to suggest prestiges, never be the one to suggest runemasters and necromancers going base class, and prevent those awful events of the past, like Sin'sholai and the Arathi Wars.

If people ask why I hate prestiges, I tell them that they're too d20 and they bring out the worst in people OOCly. Let's also face it...characters in WoW already are prestiges by default. Shamans get Spiritwalker's Grace in Cata, Arms Warriors get the most iconic Blademaster skill in Bladestorm, and so on. In short, prestiges make no sense, and we've been deviating away from WoW lore for a long time. I hate it.

If people ask why I hate custom areas like Asholme, I tell them that they're too cluttered and clashing compared to the rest of the game. I've always dislike that style of building, and I made that clear when the area was first being created. Also, an evil *city*? Out of nowhere?

That's not to say that all custom content is bad. Azshara Crater has always been a staple of the server, but its impact is relatively small compared to some of the things we've seen and done.

Nonetheless, the more we've deviated, the more I've hated it. People will point out that I have prestiges...and I do, as I think it would be wrong of me to judge a system I haven't been through. And, as I've been through the last, going through this one, and seen all the past systems...I still can safely say I hate prestiges. I hate the current system. I've come to realize how much having base classes that aren't real base classes has come to annoy me, and that's especially true for my own character, Thragash. Since he became a Bone Crusher, I've pretty much been RPing him as a warrior, and looking back, I wish I had made him as one. A story of an unskilled orc becoming a good combatant would have been just as good as the story I did for his training as a runemaster...in fact, probably better. Of course, now I can't get rid of Thragash because most of my RP is with him and I don't want to throw away the relationships and RP he's had, but if I could retcon anything about him, the first thing would be to have him be a warrior.

I've never needed custom content to have a good time. I don't understand why others think the prestige system is so important. Even the things I did with Thragash, I could have done with the tools that Blizzard gave me from the get-go.

I hate what the server has become.

-----

Enforcement

People love to criticize people they don't know. They love to put GMs under a microscope and pretend that they have the full story behind any banning that takes place.

People love to judge without all the facts.

This was quite apparent with the banning of Enchantra, a while back. However, recent events have put another such situation forth, with the banning of Beltharean. The day of his banning, I had no less than three people send me whispers in-game about it, one person openly criticize me on the forums over it, and at least one person who thought they'd report me to Kretol.

No one stops to think that maybe Beltharean already had a final warning before that point, which he did. No one stops to think that I only wanted him off of the forums because he was digging himself a bigger hole, which I did. No one stops to think that maybe he'd done more things since that final warning that concerned us, which he did. No one stops to think that I was simply upholding our grand exit policy, which I was.

Again, people love to judge without all the facts.

I have never pretended that I'm the easiest person to get along with. I know for a fact I'm not. I have my moments of stress and depression, I can be blunt (at times not even intending to be,) and I, quite frankly, will not take someone's crap. If people know anything about me, it's that if I tell you to cease, you need to cease, or there will be consequences. How this resolution surprised anyone is beyond me.

No one likes it when their friend is banned. Of course, I then proceed to get called petty and cruel for it. Such is the consequence of my job.

Such is life.

Could things have been handled better? Perhaps. I don't pretend that I'm a perfect man or a perfect enforcer. I just do my job the best way I can. You can hate me if that is your preference. I've never banned anyone for criticizing me, so long as it's done constructively (and, often, even unconstructively.) Rage against me as it pleases you, publicly if that pleases you more. I only ask one thing:

Before you judge, make sure you have all the facts.

-----

My RP

I've never been one of those people that has a huge RP circle. For better or worse, my RP circles have been small, though not really by my own choice. Some fear me whether they should or shouldn't, or my RP just doesn't fit in with what others want. With Alliance or Blood Elf-centric RP being the prevailing types of RP on the server at any given point in time, my goodly, Horde-aligned orcs with romantic bents don't get all that much attention.

I may sound bitter, but if I am, it is not directed at any person. It is simply the consequence of what I favor to play in comparison to what others favor to play. I can't blame others for playing what they want to play any more than I can arbitrarily change what I favor playing. If I'm bitter, it's at the situation in general.

Everyone knows that I have a history of coming and going from the server, usually as a result of my RP circle dying and thus me having no one to RP with.

Granted, I am currently in a better situation now than I have been in a long time. I have a good RP circle in the Ashrunes, I've been getting more RP that I tend to enjoy, and things are generally starting to look up in this field.

If you want to RP and really get to know me, feel free to let me know. I enjoy meeting new people.

-----

This is already novel-length, I think. I'll stop here.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
In a momentary defense of the prestige system, I just feel like it should be there for the opportunity to roleplay different things while keeping it from being too common. On retail, people just roll Archmages and Mountain Kings like there's no tomorrow. If I could do away with roll systems and bonuses, I would. But I do feel their power should somehow be represented.

Would it just be better if we didn't have the ability to become something more than the base classes? I'm not sure that would be as fun, personally.

As a brief tangent, I do believe people are rather quick to complain about things. Looking less at the 'why it happened/happens' and generally getting angry when things do not go their own way. I know I'm subject to doing this, though I try not to.

Or hell, when I see people offer criticism to others, it's less helpful and more beating someone over the head with their mistakes. It feels as though elitism is prevalent in some sections of the community, and these people hold the right to dangle their superiority over the heads of others. It's just... not right. Stop using criticism as an opportunity to slap others in the face. Stop being so quick to argue about things. Just -discuss things politely-.

Take an opportunity to be kind and accepting to others before pushing yourself away from them, or smacking them upside the head because you think what they do is wrong.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Quote:I've never needed custom content to have a good time. I don't understand why others think the prestige system is so important. Even the things I did with Thragash, I could have done with the tools that Blizzard gave me from the get-go.

Spoiler:
You know. I think I have said this previously. People go crazy with prestiges and the fact that everyone wants a -shit ton- of custom content. When I joined we had fun just developing our characters as..people. It wasn't centered around awesome roll bonuses, having a bunch of special areas or doing 133t storylines, it was about meeting people, hanging out and having fun.

After everyone had prestiges running around, that was all that people seemed to care about. I couldn't get in a fight with any character without hearing people spew about roll bonuses and how my character is going to lose because of that. Had anyone considered my character had just as much if not more experiences in fighting than theirs? Just because I do not have time to write up a prestige post does not mean my character's history (Most of which has been played out ICly) should become voided. Ugh. That is a rant for another time.

Either way, what I am getting at is that the goal of the servers populace has changed, and I just guess I do not enjoy it. :/ I dunno. Base classes were so much fun and gave us what we wanted. What changed?

I will conclude this with the following statement.

[Image: Free_Bouncy_Hearts_Icon_by_TehButterCookie.gif][Image: Free_Bouncy_Hearts_Icon_by_TehButterCookie.gif]Grakor[Image: Free_Bouncy_Hearts_Icon_by_TehButterCookie.gif][Image: Free_Bouncy_Hearts_Icon_by_TehButterCookie.gif]
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
/smack -is- one of my favorite emotes, though.

I'm pretty aware that most players (and I'm no exception, myself) are too quick to judge. But at least that's why I go ask people who might know more about the situation than I - Which is what I tried to do when I spoke to you about Beltharean, Grakor. First and foremost, to understand what happened. If it didn't come across this way, I apologize.

The discussions on GMI have been going on for a long time. Either be it Lore, rules, policies, PvP (some people take it waaaay too seriously) or whatever, and it's pretty annoying. I most of the times try to stay away from them, but I do admit that I've participated in my share (I even started some pretty big arguments here. Mea culpa!)

And, hey! I did try to RP with you for a while. I at least offered. I wouldn't mind rolling a character for the Ashrunes, if that's alright with you. I don't really like talking about someone I feel I don't know (since my opinion of you changes almost every time we talk; I can't really say you're someone I'm familiar with). So maybe I'll get back here some other day and edit this out to a view that better reflects my opinion. Or maybe not.

...That said, I think we should really have either a "rant" thread or a "rant" forum. If you check the related threads here, these really pile up.
(08-01-2011, 11:45 AM)Cressy Wrote:
Spoiler:
You know. I think I have said this previously. People go crazy with prestiges and the fact that everyone wants a -shit ton- of custom content. When I joined we had fun just developing our characters as..people. It wasn't centered around awesome roll bonuses, having a bunch of special areas or doing 133t storylines, it was about meeting people, hanging out and having fun.

After everyone had prestiges running around, that was all that people seemed to care about. I couldn't get in a fight with any character without hearing people spew about roll bonuses and how my character is going to lose because of that. Had anyone considered my character had just as much if not more experiences in fighting than theirs? Just because I do not have time to write up a prestige post does not mean my character's history (Most of which has been played out ICly) should become voided. Ugh. That is a rant for another time.

Either way, what I am getting at is that the goal of the servers populace has changed, and I just guess I do not enjoy it. :/ I dunno. Base classes were so much fun and gave us what we wanted. What changed?

I couldn't have said it better myself, Cressy.

Only true problem I have with the server is that people around here can be rather rude and arrogant. Not talking about any specifically, but I know that I've several times seen and even experienced people being complete jerks towards me.

Oh, kind of off-topic though.
For all the times before I was a GM that I thought you didn't get it, the times during my tenure as an Enforcer when I realized I knew exactly how you felt have been tenfold as many. You guys get so much shit from so many people when you uphold the rules, and people need to stop and think why exactly things like that happen. Perhaps it's a consequence of the closed-door warning policy, which exists only to protect players who report others for rule violations from being targeted by their peers, and perhaps it's also that the majority of people who start trouble have no idea how much a player has done to earn their permanent expulsion. I've seen people come out to defend players with warning threads entering the tens of pages, and seen them threaten myself and others on the Blue team due to the enforcement of introduction policies, grand exit rules, and other such things. I don't think it will change much, but I also don't think you or anyone else should have to explain to the community every instance of violation that lead to a ban (since the forum-based banlist is already updated with the history of rule violations by a perma-banee).

I'm glad I get to RP with the Ashrunes on Kaghuros, and glad to RP with you again after an awfully long time not doing so. I will say that I, too, regret making my current incarnation of him a Prestige. He doesn't play any differently than he did before, and it was meant to be his final hurrah before the server restart, but it's at least a segment of Horde culture that I've never RPed in before, and I'm taking it for all it's worth. Do I like prestiges? Yeah, actually I kind of do. It's half of what I always loved about RP: achievement. To have a meaningful roleplaying experience, your character needs to be able to achieve his or her final goal in some manner, even if it's not what they intended their goal to be when they set out.

People like playing the hero and playing the villain, so when a prospect for advancement comes along it's good to have a character strive for that. It makes some people feel they need an uber-leet Whisperblade killer, but for people like me it can be a chance to evolve a character past what they are. I don't know if anyone remembers Felin, but I played him for months on his road to ruin due to Fel blood. When he fell into true Fel-Sworn, he took his most well-meaning friends and servants down a path they couldn't return from, but every second was absolutely fun! That kind of thing could never have happened if I didn't have the Green GM blank cheque to do plots I wanted, and I think it's good that players can experience epic tragedy or epic heroism for themselves (though honestly I'd prefer it more freeform and less about bonuses and abilities and whatever).

This turned into a rant of my own.

tl;dr: Roleplaying is about fun. People have fun differently. Respect the GMs because they work their asses off to keep the server griefer-free, and it's hard as shit to be the person who has to decide when someone needs to go (and then take the flak for it themselves to keep whistle-blowing players out of the torch-and-pitchfork crowd).
Now I regret not coming to Ventrilo more often XD. Though that's just me. I honestly can't make out heads or tails of what people are saying because of my sound system, or the sound system of others, or I get distracted, etc. But I digress.

For Custom Content:

I actually don't mind custom content at all, but I fully understand your sentiment. The main reason I embraced Asholme is because I thought, at least, my evil characters can actually meet people without fear of being pursued; my attempts on "evil" gathering of like-minded people have been unsuccessful prior to then. However, the phasing and the glitching I encountered there is the primary reason I seldom go there now, but otherwise, I'm still encountering problems with finding evil RP. Ah, well.

The thing about Aszhara Crater is that I hardly see RP going on there; the brief time I did, the RP circle I gathered since then have disappeared. In addition, I'd like to see RP take place in other locations where it could have been a great location but people would avoid that place anyway. Ashenvale, the Exodar, Wailing Caverns, Outland areas outside of Netherstorm, and the like-- they're among my favored areas in the game but they don't get much RP attention. It's a shame, really.

ADDED: As for prestige classes, I never really bothered with them. I can't think of anything I'd slap on my characters. I'm happy just being a matchmaker.

I won't touch Enforcement. I feel it's not my place to say so. I am not one to openly speak on authority unless done so privately with that figure.

For RP:

To be quite honest, I've actually wondered if I should let you be in RP for a while. One of the reasons I let Kapre be captured is not only to give him an RP break and let my other characters see some action, but to let -other players- take a break from him because I had the feeling he's been around -too- much, especially with you since he's gotten around Thragash and Gunnar so often. In other words, I was worried I was being annoying, because I was getting that impression with a couple other RPers who want to see other characters of mine (especially Diawata despite her inability to RP well). I really don't know if I would be considered part of your close RP circle, because that would be egotistical of me to say so. It'd be nice, though, especially since you are among those who have very positive reactions to the Matchmaking business.

Otherwise, I enjoy RP with you very much, and if I could, I'd get out of my way to get some action with you (not in that way). I just tend to fear I may step out of bounds and get myself in trouble, or I annoy you with my constant presence.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I for one like the server.

:(
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
(08-01-2011, 12:32 PM)imagenashyun Wrote: To be quite honest, I've actually wondered if I should let you be in RP for a while. One of the reasons I let Kapre be captured is not only to give him an RP break and let my other characters see some action, but to let -other players- take a break from him because I had the feeling he's been around -too- much, especially with you since he's gotten around Thragash and Gunnar so often. In other words, I was worried I was being annoying, because I was getting that impression with a couple other RPers who want to see other characters of mine (especially Diawata despite her inability to RP well). I really don't know if I would be considered part of your close RP circle, because that would be egotistical of me to say so. It'd be nice, though, especially since you are among those who have very positive reactions to the Matchmaking business.

Otherwise, I enjoy RP with you very much, and if I could, I'd get out of my way to get some action with you (not in that way). I just tend to fear I may step out of bounds and get myself in trouble, or I annoy you with my constant presence.

You're my bud, Immy. Feel free to come by any time, you're not an annoyance. Trust me, if someone bothers me, I'm not afraid to say so, and I enjoy RPing with you.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Quote:Custom Content

I think, to truly understand what I'm about to say, it helps to know what I think the server should be, and what I want from it. In short, all I want CotH to be, and all I ever wanted it to be, is what retail RP servers would be like if Blizzard actually cared to enforce RP and everyone came on to RP instead of raid or PvP. That's pretty much it. Anything outside of that, with the large custom areas and things like prestiges, are things that I never really needed to have a good time roleplaying.

I always wanted to keep CotH as close to canon WoW lore as possible. At times we've gone away from that and done our own thing, and every time I've regretted it. If I could go back in time and change things, there are three main things I'd do: never be the one to suggest prestiges, never be the one to suggest runemasters and necromancers going base class, and prevent those awful events of the past, like Sin'sholai and the Arathi Wars.

If people ask why I hate prestiges, I tell them that they're too d20 and they bring out the worst in people OOCly. Let's also face it...characters in WoW already are prestiges by default. Shamans get Spiritwalker's Grace in Cata, Arms Warriors get the most iconic Blademaster skill in Bladestorm, and so on. In short, prestiges make no sense, and we've been deviating away from WoW lore for a long time. I hate it.

If people ask why I hate custom areas like Asholme, I tell them that they're too cluttered and clashing compared to the rest of the game. I've always dislike that style of building, and I made that clear when the area was first being created. Also, an evil *city*? Out of nowhere?

That's not to say that all custom content is bad. Azshara Crater has always been a staple of the server, but its impact is relatively small compared to some of the things we've seen and done.

Nonetheless, the more we've deviated, the more I've hated it. People will point out that I have prestiges...and I do, as I think it would be wrong of me to judge a system I haven't been through. And, as I've been through the last, going through this one, and seen all the past systems...I still can safely say I hate prestiges. I hate the current system. I've come to realize how much having base classes that aren't real base classes has come to annoy me, and that's especially true for my own character, Thragash. Since he became a Bone Crusher, I've pretty much been RPing him as a warrior, and looking back, I wish I had made him as one. A story of an unskilled orc becoming a good combatant would have been just as good as the story I did for his training as a runemaster...in fact, probably better. Of course, now I can't get rid of Thragash because most of my RP is with him and I don't want to throw away the relationships and RP he's had, but if I could retcon anything about him, the first thing would be to have him be a warrior.

I've never needed custom content to have a good time. I don't understand why others think the prestige system is so important. Even the things I did with Thragash, I could have done with the tools that Blizzard gave me from the get-go.

I have a few points to raise.

1) Prestiges; Perhaps you think we shouldn't have Prestiges, but I ask you, what would happen if we didn't? What control would we have of people not rolling say, a Warden, or a class that has certain aspects over, in this case the Warden being able to teleport, and all? Without Prestiges, how would we be able to regulate these characters, and who would make sure that they don't make them? I don't really like Prestiges either, which is part of the reason I retconned Shivala being a Dead Shot, but what would happen if we didn't? And what if someone wants to roll, say, a Demon Hunter, but we don't allow them? What will happen then? Prestiges are needed, in my opinion, to limit the amount of these people we have. Of course, I could see some being Special Profiles, but that's a story for another day.

2) Custom Content; I really agree with this statement, but what will happen if there isn't a place for evil? Evil people get hunted and possibly metagamed enough as is, so they basically need to have somewhere to conglomerate and basically plan so that they don't constantly get killed. I don't know what type of character development you meant, but a large percent of what I've gotten in terms of character development has been because of someone evil that's taken refuge in Catacombs. Not saying that I like these places, but I feel like they're a good source of RP for people that don't want to be that happy-go-lucky Crusader, or whatever.

3) That last sentence; Really, I looked at this sentence, and thought If one of the Admins doesn't like the server, then what can it possibly hold for me anymore? Well, nothing really. RPing's become just a chore for other's enjoyment for me, but you don't have any excuse to not fix it, if you care. If you don't care, why are you still here? Radical and large changes have always happened for the server, in one way or another. I don't see why it can't happen again.

Quote:Enforcement

People love to criticize people they don't know. They love to put GMs under a microscope and pretend that they have the full story behind any banning that takes place.

People love to judge without all the facts.

This was quite apparent with the banning of Enchantra, a while back. However, recent events have put another such situation forth, with the banning of Beltharean. The day of his banning, I had no less than three people send me whispers in-game about it, one person openly criticize me on the forums over it, and at least one person who thought they'd report me to Kretol.

No one stops to think that maybe Beltharean already had a final warning before that point, which he did. No one stops to think that I only wanted him off of the forums because he was digging himself a bigger hole, which I did. No one stops to think that maybe he'd done more things since that final warning that concerned us, which he did. No one stops to think that I was simply upholding our grand exit policy, which I was.

Again, people love to judge without all the facts.

I have never pretended that I'm the easiest person to get along with. I know for a fact I'm not. I have my moments of stress and depression, I can be blunt (at times not even intending to be,) and I, quite frankly, will not take someone's crap. If people know anything about me, it's that if I tell you to cease, you need to cease, or there will be consequences. How this resolution surprised anyone is beyond me.

No one likes it when their friend is banned. Of course, I then proceed to get called petty and cruel for it. Such is the consequence of my job.

Such is life.

Could things have been handled better? Perhaps. I don't pretend that I'm a perfect man or a perfect enforcer. I just do my job the best way I can. You can hate me if that is your preference. I've never banned anyone for criticizing me, so long as it's done constructively (and, often, even unconstructively.) Rage against me as it pleases you, publicly if that pleases you more. I only ask one thing:

Before you judge, make sure you have all the facts.

Really, I can't help but agree with this. I've had no one really close to me be banned over something, but I know a hell of a lot of people that do. Fel (and I hope he's okay with this), but look at Pharaoh. I remember, pre-restart, reading on one of his IC posts that the person that played his brother had been banned. Then, post restart, Lynoa was banned too. And yet, have you ever seen Pharaoh freak out at the GM team? Really, he's just a good model for how to react to this.

Quote:My RP

I've never been one of those people that has a huge RP circle. For better or worse, my RP circles have been small, though not really by my own choice. Some fear me whether they should or shouldn't, or my RP just doesn't fit in with what others want. With Alliance or Blood Elf-centric RP being the prevailing types of RP on the server at any given point in time, my goodly, Horde-aligned orcs with romantic bents don't get all that much attention.

I may sound bitter, but if I am, it is not directed at any person. It is simply the consequence of what I favor to play in comparison to what others favor to play. I can't blame others for playing what they want to play any more than I can arbitrarily change what I favor playing. If I'm bitter, it's at the situation in general.

Everyone knows that I have a history of coming and going from the server, usually as a result of my RP circle dying and thus me having no one to RP with.

Granted, I am currently in a better situation now than I have been in a long time. I have a good RP circle in the Ashrunes, I've been getting more RP that I tend to enjoy, and things are generally starting to look up in this field.

If you want to RP and really get to know me, feel free to let me know. I enjoy meeting new people.

Nothing really to say here. Happy that your RP circle's good and all, I guess. Overall, people in general, especially the leaders, have to keep their heads up and keep marching. Everyone has their moments of rage occasionally, I know I've had mine, but hopefully it won't end badly.
Quote:3) That last sentence; Really, I looked at this sentence, and thought If one of the Admins doesn't like the server, then what can it possibly hold for me anymore? Well, nothing really. RPing's become just a chore for other's enjoyment for me, but you don't have any excuse to not fix it, if you care. If you don't care, why are you still here? Radical and large changes have always happened for the server, in one way or another. I don't see why it can't happen again.

I was going to say something akin to this, but Squirrel completely summed it up.

A well written, honest post from a good Orc. I'm actually not sure about it, but looking back at our past RP's I somewhat felt called to respond with more then just a simple "Like". Maybe I should tell others that you don't bite, and that there's little to fear because your just a human like all of us.. But people should already know that by now, no?

I've always been behind you with the "I hate Prestiges" stance, for pretty much the same reasons as you wrote down. Perhaps additional ones, but what you penned down gives the definite dislike from me towards the system. I've never bothered to try it out however, as I know I'd give up half-way through (If I even get that close) because I simply don't like what I'm doing. However, I will write down that you are an admin of the server. If you don't like something, you actually have the power to change it. You can simply say "Get lost community, prestiges are gone. You may rage, but you know where the exit is if you feel like the server doesn't suit you anymore because of something this silly." And while that's not the greatest way of putting it, by now.. if I was in your shoes, I'd have done it like that.

It's a constant rage topic, a constant drama topic both in-game and the forums. It's wreaking people apart, and people try to cure it with ten different ointments at the same time while the only thing that stops the disease from spreading, is amputation of that forum leg. I'm not expecting many to agree, but it's how I feel at least.

As far as judgement goes, as you wrote down ; People love to judge without knowing the facts. See someone you RPed with getting banned? It comes close to you. You knew that person, suddenly their gone. While it's partially natural to defend those that can't defend themselves any more (At least, that's my thought) people really need to suck things up for a change. Person is banned? You don't have to like it. People do not get banned without a reason, and having seen this drama event over and over, I'm curious ; Don't people know it by now?

Yes, it was a friend to some. It may have been an enemy to others, does it matter? If people have gotten so many warnings, that it must lead to actual banning, clearly either the person changed since his/her approved introduction, or the server did. Regardless, they don't fit in with in with the server any more.

There's more to life then RP, CotH and CotH friends. If a CotH friend gets banned, tell them it sucks and move on. Seek a new server together if you can not accept the fact that one is no longer welcome, or move on. Such is life, moving on. I'm not saying you have to agree with any decisions made, but you have to accept it. There is nothing you, as player can do, and that's how it's meant to be. Admins are admins, mods are mods, players are players. Admins overrule mods and players, mods overrule players. That's the hierarchy on CotH, and in pretty much any game only then the Admins and Mods are people you've never spoken to.

In retail, you get a nice mail stating you've received a ban for x hours for y reason. You don't know the mod, you can't do squad about it. The only thing that's different here is that you actually know (or have seen, read posts, etc) about the person that has banned you / the other person. That doesn't make it any less of a fact that there was a big reason behind the ban. Accept it already folks.

Regarding custom content ; I actually got zero of it nowadays because I play retail. Do I miss it? Nope. Have I missed it in the past? Heck, I couldn't even remember the in-game commands when I logged in a while back. I actually missed the challenge here of finding good RP spots, finding that gear and armour that makes your character look like a boss, and much more things. I think people are somewhat spoiled on CotH now that I've experienced both, whether that's a bad thing ; I don't know. It's a bad thing when it leads to drama, and the expectations that custom content should be available anywhere, any time, any place.

I think I wrote enough though, I'm not sure what the point is of my post but feel like it contains some minor things perhaps that are of a value or addition to CotH still.

@ Grakor ; We should RP some time again, perhaps new characters, or even Horde side if you can convince me. ^^ I always wanted a Orc female.. never was able to go through with it for long. Mhmm.. Orc's.

I mean wat.
Closing down the Prestige system now would... in lack of better word... suck. The GM team and the Admins put work into it. People put work into their writing. It's been out for only a month (maybe less), closing it all of a sudden really isn't the best option. Some have just started. And I agree on most things, but hating the server? ... I don't feel safe anymore. With that statement, I doubt the server will last much longer. But that's just me and my silly conspiracy theories.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
Oh I doubt the system would close if it ever closes, I just felt like expressing my views on it. I would have personally closed it a long time ago, but hey, I'm just a grunt. ^^ *Orc Voice* Moar work?

Just felt like adding that before everyone goes nuts and fears the Prestiges system will close down. I doubt it ever will, I'm just in favour of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rambling Zhaei 10 1,661 08-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Azheron's RP Rant Azheron 10 2,675 10-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Psynub's post. [Rant] Psychyn 9 2,052 09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Grakor, you are a nub Kretol 31 5,633 08-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ToxicFrozt
  Custom Model Character Talk/Rant Thoradin 16 4,430 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: hiddengecko