The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Jhenoa - Application
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player I value more mundane, misadventure stories rather then the more epic ones. They both have their place, but I think heroes borne of circumstance can be just as challenged by more typical circumstances. This leads me to value the necessity of including disadvantages or conflicting character points (of eventual growth) that have a purpose, usually spawned from their back story. But a grand adventure usually has a good deal of mundane to it, from cook pots to lots of walking, usually more of that then dragons anyhow.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the United States, and I speak American English. Though I understand a little Spanish and French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

A friend introduced me to World of Warcraft and I ended up playing many years since about a month after launch. I've always enjoyed the role playing aspect of the game and was sad to see the role play servers deteriorate as they did over time. Hopefully I'll find some of that old community here, or as least a sense of it. I've known the setting for a good while before that, however. Played the old real time strategy games when they were new, Warcraft I onward. As much as the focus of the lore has broadened over time.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I've been browsing for a good private server for a while on Google and this one came up. Seemed like an unpretentious RP server that could have a good community so I decided to give it a try...assuming you allow me to. (not an intentional passive-aggressive statement as much as it may sound like one, more matter-of-factually)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Just about anything well intended and with a little passion to it. I'm familiar with tavern, chatroom and party roleplay and tend to enjoy the general banter traveling about the world with good company, lending more reason and creating an active story of the events that unfold. Honestly with good roleplaying it need not be terribly particular as to what you're doing, but more so why you're doing it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Classically dwarven warriors though more modernly Orcish Shaman are more appealing. I enjoy more reasonably eccentric characters that express those eccentricities through their personal philosophies rather then odd ticks. Though I've also always appreciated the obvious is somewhat morbid roleplay that Forsaken can generate when relating to the other races.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm genuinely hoping for a somewhat mature community of enthusiastic players that appreciate roleplaying, and either embrace it and lead by example or are willing to support it in specific settings. Mainly I just want to run into people I can talk to out of character that don't make me wonder what they're doing here, and in character that have some sense of character.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I actually really appreciate the rule referring to tolerance in varieties or forms of roleplay, and in general that the rules culture a sense of personal responsibility with the roleplay. It goes a long way in my opinion to help culture a community that (hopefully) is responsible, mature and is a good atmosphere conducive to roleplay.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I have an old one about an orc warrior in WoW that's written in an odd Warhammer theme, but it should be decent.

-Record of Uth'gol Bloodsong by Nozag Silverthumbs. Dated third moon of the growing season, XXX year A.T.

"So, youz writ'in all o dis down! Got it git! Disser...digga, make me mad 'en you git da hurt'in side o dis rippa!
<The orc roars> [note: it seems the worse an orc's grasp or gutterspeak the more violently they make up for it]
"Now den...<the orc thumbs at his chest>...me da boss! Not da big boss Thrall, but me da boss a you runties 'en gits...<the orc grumbles>
<the orc points a grubby finger angrily at me>
"No, dat not what I mean by da dicter...dicka...youza writ'in down dat I say!"
<the orc bellows> [demeaning my expert penmanship expertly catching each enunciation of his crude speech...why do I write for him? Oh, right...the sanctity of my delicate goblin brain]
"You git da talk'in on da read'in papers...dat it! No o dat tink'in stuffs you gobbos go on'a'on wit, got it!
<The orc puff out his chest proudly, giving a terrible wolfish grin> [likely remembering some some worthy foe he cleaved in two...or a neglected slab of roasted meat]
"Grozub, now dat one'a da dun good rippa boyz! He'da cleave yuz da midd'uk catch yoz give 'em da e'wul eye!"
<The orc laughs a deep bellow, eyes in thought.>
"Doze da dayz...dat no'mo dough...."
<He trails off...venting a long sigh, and regaining his composure...and ire>
"Dis not 'bout dem dough...dis 'bout da boss!"
<The orc thumbs at himself with regained muster>
"Now den...me da big'un! Chops'da good'uns strong 'an 'ard! Not da rippa boyz 'ur da udda boss...but da good 'uns o da 'ummies, 'omes, stunties, squidders 'en da long'ers...choppa dem good!
<He makes large sweeping motions with his arms, he brow furrowed in concetration>
Git da ears...takes 'em ta da warboss!
<The orc grins proudly, pointing at his feet>
Deze! Trade dem ears a git deze stomp'as! Dat 'en shiny bits!
<Stamping the ground, the orc rouses some dust from the dry soil... why do I bother writing all of this down?>
Dough, dis da bestest me'd git from onna a 'ummie big'uns!
<The orc reaches behind his back, unslinging his...oh, good Thrall...well used, oversized, bloodstained battle...>

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Not really, aside from stating that my first and primary character will likely be a Orcy Shaman type.
Hello Jhenoa! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Good introduction!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ju11a's Application Ju11a 3 863 09-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Ju11a
  Server Application! AzurianCaster 1 674 03-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Roleplay application Oleth 1 784 03-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  My application, Leonardinhoc. Leonardinhoc 1 656 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Harmonic