The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Novalight Family: Third Generation

[Image: WoWScrnShot_010712_185237.jpg]

The Novalight Dynasty: Third Generation

Yuuup. Trying to get prepared for Cataclysm, or at least let people know what I will be doing with the Novalights. I'm sure some won't care, but this is for those who it effects primarily, and perhaps new players who wish to get in on the storyline and go on adventures, twists, turns and character development. The first restart I was apart of I completely retconned Jidaeo to make him a noble and start the family. But by retconning him I literally severed ties with the server nixxing hours of super fun memorable RP. But instead I Incorporated that initial run ( first generation ) into the storyline of the Noble family ( Second Generation ) and had the family become the descendants of my initial character Jidaeo.

The second Generation was basically about Jidaeo's four children and their struggle to keep the house afloat. I'd like to start a Third Generation come cataclysm incorporating all the RP I've amassed once more by once again pushing the storyline into the future. And really pushing storylines into the future is done by taking past events and RP and pushing them further back editing them for time lines ( Quel'dorei, No DKs before Wotlk-era, ect. ). This would effect events in the storyline such as Jidaeo being Nova prior to becoming a death knight, and Zariel training under Reigen as a Quel'dorei. This way we still can reference and nod to all the Rp we've garnered over the years. Some may dislike the idea but its a way to breathe new life into a story and characters, as well as explore larger aspects of their characters lives since elves live much longer than we do.

Synopsis:

The Novalight House was initially established shortly after Silvermoon's construction under another name. The second heir, infatuated with the legend of her common birth father ( 1st Generation Jidaeo ) changed the House name to Novalight and ordained any head of the House from then on would be referred to as the 'Nova'. It was also taboo to ever name another child of the family Jidaeo. The House continued in prosperity, influence and connections in a dishonest fashion. They kept public images up well but were suspected of a number of unproven crimes for thousands of years. The Change of the family is sparked by the second generation, where an heir breaks the old taboo and names his child Jidaeo. Jidaeo and his siblings were raised in the brainwashed ways of their house and became products of their environment.

Not wanting this for his children he moved away from the house estate and raised Four kids of his own. Thalion Novalight, Xanthe Novalight, Alteryia Novalight and Zariel Novalight. At one point they were all Novae and lead the family into a reform of its self destructive ways, corruption and obsession with public image. The 'Civil war' of the family being so taxing emotionally, physically and financially that each of Jidaeo's children, and their cousins went their own way

I'd like to start the Third Generation at least a hundred years after that. This gives players time to give characters logical time to let go of animosity, wallow in it, change classes (within reason) or even have offspring where new chars can join. I look forward to this, and have gotten positive results last time. I'll be posting a timeline soon with names and links to various threads on the forums that relate to crucial events in the house timeline. ( Tons of source material ) I would appreciate any feedback.

The Family:

First off for point of reference here is The Family Tree. Even though this is the Third Generation of the storyline, its actually the Fourth Generation of playable family members.

First Generation: Ages ( 1,800 + )

Spoiler:
Agorine Novalight ( deceased ) - Known as the Blood Queen or Blood Nova, Agorine is the family's most renown female heir. She was ruthless, fanatical with the light and believed in all of the Family's brain washed teachings. She served as Interim-Nova while Zariel was annexed from the family. She Trained Alteryia Novalight and was killed by Sanguis Sunfire. She leaves behind her son, Tialis Novalight.

Diel'Vani Novalight - Jidaeo's encouraging Uncle, and twin brother of Jidaeo's father. Diel'vani is a kind soul who believed in an ancient legend of artifacts which resulted in him being labeled crazy. He wished for his family to change but knew it was too late for him and his siblings. He was exiled from the family for centuries but was recently re-acknowledged years after finding out the artifacts were real.

??????? Novalight ( Deceased ) - Jidaeo's father and twin of Diel'vani Novalight. Jidaeo's father remained unnamed and could be expanded upon in the third Generation. He's described as being ambitious and greedy, falling completely in line with the Novalight teachings, like his sister Agorine. He broke the taboo and named his child Jidaeo hoping for him to be the reincarnation of the legendary progenitor. Because of this Jidaeo was spoiled and prepared for a role he eventually took. Jidaeo didn't lead with the same cut throat attitude as his father and aunt and was targeted for assassination by his father. ?????? was killed by Diel'vani.

Second Generation: Ages ( 1,200 - 1,600 )

Spoiler:
Riael 'Wyrmsinger' Novalight - Jidaeo's older brother played by Bovel. The two were close when younger, with Jidaeo looking up to Riael immensely they were both Farstriders and distanced as they got older. Riael also cares for the family even though he disagrees with their self destructive actions, he accompanied his neices and nephews on the Novalight Vessel "Phoenix Dawn" looking over them the whole time. This caused him to form a closer bond with Zariel and particularly with Xanthe who is a talented hunter as well. Riael and Jidaeo's relationship has become heavily strained ever since Jidaeo returned to the House as a Death Knight.

Naveria Novalight - Naveria is Jidaeo's eldest sibling and may be the protege of the siblings. She is considerably the best Magi alive in the house and very stern and demanding of respect. Naveria was usually mean to her siblings but looked out for Jidaeo who was constantly under pressure carrying the weight of the progenitor and the future of the family. Naveria was initially created by Cressy and handed to another player who has since left the server. This character is open to be taken up after the restart and open to interpretation. She is older than 1,500.

Jidaeo Novalight - The middle child and the one named after the progenitor. Jidaeo has always been excited, infatuated and enamored with his destiny due to his name and becoming Nova. His intrigue had turned into obsession leading him to be a perfectionist and somewhat of a loner, lost in thought and contemplation. Once he met his wife he moved away from the family estate to raise his own family away from the brainwashing of Nobility. He was partly sucessful. While leading as Nova, he was killed by his father before being brought back as a Death Knight.

Renorien Novalight - Jidaeo's youngest brother and one riddled with a bit of jealousy due to Jidaeo being favorited by their father. Renorien strived to garner attention of his father and gained it although short lived. Renorien respected his Aunt Agorine, and assisted in Jidaeo's assassination. He grew up to a darker shade, selling Fel blood and drugs gaining a nice independent operation for himself. He was incarcerated but has recently been released. He has at least one son, Salya'Veli Novalight ( Who is available to be played ). Renorien was created by a player of the same name who was banned, then taken up by Beltherean who has made an excellent fleshed out character. He's agreed to let his version be a basis for the character in the future to be picked up and expanded upon if anyone wishes to.

Asondra Novalight - Jidaeo's youngest sister and the baby of the siblings. Asondra was usually looked after by Jidaeo and the two are very close. Asondra was portrayed ferocious if provoked but usually care free and loyal to the family. It is possible for her to have children other than Vylaria ( Who is available to be played ) although they were never displayed. Asondra was also turned into a death knight. Asondra was portrayed like Renorien and their cousins as wanting the seat of Nova. Riael appeared uninterested, Naveria was technically the best choice all around but didn't want the position and Jidaeo was the most anticipated Nova due to his name. Asondra's player is no longer on the server and is open to be played and interpreted. She is younger than 1,300.

Tialis Novalight - Tialis is the son of Agorine Novalight and was a Farstrider like his older cousins Jidaeo and Riael. Tialis became vain as he was older and matured and began to loathe Jidaeo for carrying the name of the progenitor and his son Thalion for moving in Jidaeo's image. After killing an animal in rage due to being attacked he was removed from the Farstriders and left to be a crime committing Vagabond. Because he was skilled the family didn't want him killed but re-educated. He was apprehended and kept away from society in an In House holding cellar. He was released by the council once The Four Nova began making significant changes to the house. He murdered his Cousin Thalion Novalight and seeks his mother's killer. He is open to have playable children as well.

Third Generation: Ages ( 300 - 900 )

Spoiler:
Thalion Novalight - Thalion is Jidaeo's first born child and looks identical to his father in life. Thalion was old enough to become effected briefly by the brainwashing of the House before being moved to a location away from the estate. Thalion was trained as an assassin and was away from the family for some time. When he returned, he assisted his siblings in turning their family around. He was killed by his older cousin, Tialis Novalight. He was resurrected shortly after and began walking the path of the Hunter still bitter towards his family. This Char is played by Sadron.

Alteryia Blightblood ( Formally Novalight ) - Alteryia is Jidaeo and Cerice's first daughter. Somewhat spoiled and taking after her father in life and attitude and her mother in looks Alteryia was usually the oldest of the children present at the estate with Thalion often away on contracts. Alteryia was followed by her two younger siblings Zariel and Xanthe who both looked up to her and teamed up against her for pranks and headaches. Alteryia was thought by Zariel to have died in the Dead Scar during the attack on Silvermoon which lead to him stumbling rapidly down a self destructive mind-state and depression. Alteryia later returns as a Death knight like her father letting her brother know she died much later and even got married while she was away. Alteryia is played by Reigen

Zariel Amaru Novalight - Jidaeo's second son and the one chosen to lead the family as Nova. Zariel reluctantly accepted his position and was tutored on how to act, think, behave and fight by various friends, allies and associates of his father Jidaeo. Zariel's strong will and respect for his allies and friends let his great uncle Diel'vani to believe he was the true incarnation of their progenitor. Zariel as the family stands now is the sole current Nova of the House.

Xanthe Novalight - Jidaeo's youngest daughter and last child, she is bubbly and good natured meaning the best with her intentions and seeing the best in people. Xanthe is also unmistakably a keen Huntress like her father and Uncle Riael being ostracized and even misunderstood for her genius of animal philosphy and carefree nature. She was kept hidden from most social scenes as a younger child due to her inability to assimilate to the Noble lifestyle. As she grew older she took part in the adventures of her family until the conclusion of the Civil war sent her away. She currently is Exiled due to her relationship and pursuit of marriage of the Draenei Kapre. Xanthe is played by Caravan

Mastus Novalight - Mastus is the daughter of Naveria Novalight and was sent away from the house young to train in the ways of the blade. Mastus still grew up close with his cousins Zariel, Alteryia and Xanthe around the estate. Mastus respects his Uncle Jidaeo and was prepared to die for his family before seeing their deeds for his own eyes. Mastus encourages Zariel as Nova to make the right decision and not to fall for the corruption. Due to the Family's inner struggle Mastus left the estate before the conflict was resolved having yet to return. Mastus is played by Grogloki.

Fourth Generation: Ages ( 18 - 250 )

Spoiler:
Pyrrhus Novalight - Pyrrhus is the illegitimate son of Thalion Novalight and Inaria Bloodfeather. He is a spell breaker who was raised outside of the Novalight Estate. Thalion didn't know of his existence until recently and have been since trying to make up for lost time. Pyrrhus is played by Reese.

Jidaeo 'Jiddy' Novalight II - The Son of Zariel Novalight. I will be playing this character come restart. I am open to anyone wishing to play his siblings, or the children of any of the other characters. Perhaps even cousins. Also This character's mother will also be available.

Any questions comments or concerns I am willing to answer and wish to encourage new players as well as old to return to these old alts to bring new life into the story. Joining or creating a character doesn't mean you have to be a part of the guild but is an option if you wish to get into many different avenues for RP. Also if you don't wish to age your character we can figure out ways to move around it without throwing everyone out of balance. I appreciate the read and consideration, I'd really appreciate the help if anyone wished to help me kick start this again! PMS and Responses welcomed and appreciated.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
1. I'll be sure to update Singe & the Highstrides to the Novalight Adaptation. Cool stuff.

2. Now, I have a 'third generation' character idea, that needs the okay of a couple of people, but that I'd love to play. It goes as such:

First gen: A Novalight (Naveria/Asondra/Other) and a Highstride (Singe/Dathem/other) have a daughter. Let's call her Kady X. While well educated, she rejects the noble paradigm and is a rebel. She's set in wrong ways, smart enough though to never 'crash'. Both houses welcome her, but as she never wants it nor does it fit her, she never enters noble dealings as a 'player'.

Secong-gen, one wild goblin-town night, a creepy charming lad makes show. They say he's a slave-trainer, but also that he's of Silvermoon noble blood. He seems bent on making Lady X smile.

Third gen, a son is born, that is thus linked to three houses.

"You know, kid, it's not untrue that I had you to spite your grandparents mom-side - BUT! But. You're okay. For an icky Nova-stride... Or is it High-light... High-light! That's great!" - Dazennar Seregon, to his son

Born of "House-Rebel" parents that he's secretly rather disgusted with, the child forms as an adept political negotiator and mediator, possibly aligned with the Church or B-Knights as well. Which name will he take? He'd be my third gen PC.

(All this has nothing to do with my recently re-reading the Dune trilogy, honest!)

I'm looking for:

-Phar's OK
-Grog's OK
-A first gen Novalight PC/NPC mother for Lady X

-Lady X is also open for being played and defined further.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Yeah you know me, I'm always up for RP and additions to the family. If its a character you think you would enjoy I'm all for it. I technically have 'rights' to Naveria and Asondra. If Lady X was Naveria's daughter that would make her Mastus' sister which could be cool seeing how Grogloki plays Mastus. Either way I don't care and am all for the char. I doubt Grog would care at all but feel free to PM him.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Hey, long time no see!

I think the idea of new Novalight stuff would be exciting. I would really like to have Thalion involved in the family again, though I'm thinking of having him take up a more antagonistic role in the storyline.

So, yeah, I'm interested! If you need any help running the storyline and getting this thing into gear, I'm always here man.
I don't have any blood elves involved in the story, but I would like to get involved somehow too. If you are going to restrict the role play with just blood elves, then perhaps I can involve Jyovani. Otherwise, I have two characters in love with two different Novalights, except only one can enter Horde territory.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Mastus will have a son for sure to roll with Jid jr. lmao
[Image: 15.jpg]
(01-17-2013, 08:27 PM)Sadron Wrote: Hey, long time no see!

I think the idea of new Novalight stuff would be exciting. I would really like to have Thalion involved in the family again, though I'm thinking of having him take up a more antagonistic role in the storyline.

So, yeah, I'm interested! If you need any help running the storyline and getting this thing into gear, I'm always here man.

Excited about all of this. I wasn't sure if you were still around Sadron and you were the one person I was hoping would return as the four siblings will be crucial to pull this off. Caravan and Reigen are already up for it we just have to figure out timeline issues and how things will work if everyone agrees to a specific jump. PM me about some ideas and we can brain storm because I'd like to really try some new things this time around.

Also Immy the story isn't specifically just Blood Elves, I'd ask for your participation on Kapre just for his relationship with Xanthe. The house probably won't be chummy with Kapre at first but I have some ideas that could maybe work somethings out. I'd also hope that perhaps maybe you and Caravan could play along with the Time skip even if it backdates to BC for their meeting. Its not necessary at all and I know a bit to ask but it would be cool to have Xanthe have time in her exile. Just a suggestion/request is all.

Edit: Also who's the second char in love with which Novalight?

Grogloki, you already know. This sounds like a great Idea. Jid II I am going to try to send on adventures and go back to my old ways of random Events and RP adventures with whoever is around and idle. I got a lot of good RP that way and met a lot of new people. I strayed away from it due to wanting a change and to focus on storytelling but I think I've improved in that a bit and am ready to add more action! I'll appreciate anyone. This storyline has always succeeded because of friends and players of the server. From Flammos, Cressy, Edgar, Sadron, Reigen, Caravan, Grogloki, Mmloopen, DaveM, Sachi, Krilari, Bovel, c0rzilla, and so many more. I thank everyone for their participation thus far and allowing me to enjoy my time here thoroughly. I hope that anyone I haven't RP'd with or have but doesn't have a Novalight alt would consider making one. Or keep in mind you don't have to have a Novalight or a Blood Elf to participate in anything that goes on. This is just about everyone as it is Jidaeo or Zariel. I love bouncing off your ideas just as much as creating them and sometimes a bit more because its unexpected.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

I'll bounce off whatever changes you make with my two Novalight go-tos, Alt and Rei. You also know I'm always down for adventure. :P
Having Kapre knowing Xanthe that long may cause some canon trouble--quite a lot, actually, as chronicled in "To Make a Jewel Smile". Might wanna talk with Cara first.

I'd be more than happy to join the Novalight story on Kapre, and especially on Tibalan, my gunslinging tauren. He's coupled with Riael.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
@ Reigen. Awesome! I figured you'd be down and glad you're up for Adventures again!

@ Immy its not that big of a deal, I just was suggesting it. Cara said something a bit similar and Draei are time sensitive. So no big deal. We can just move everyone forward and keep Xanthe where she is.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

(01-18-2013, 01:37 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: We can just move everyone forward and keep Xanthe where she is.

\o/ !

Yay! I'm glad this'll work out, now, as I was really looking forward to some more family conflict over Xanthe's exile. Alteryia's already fought him "for Xanthe's honor"; it'd be nice to see Papa Jidaeo come home to find out she's already been exiled ;P.

(And then, you know, all of the other family members Incoming who'd be all " D: Whur's Xanthe at?!")
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
And you people got all upset over a human.

Speaking of, is there any conflict about Annabelle? Does anything need to be clarified, or...something?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I guess I'll just say Riael is around and will be around for Cataclysm. I suck at focusing on more than one character at a time but he'll be around. Another issue is that my time-zone poorly aligns with Pharaohs but I am open to text based RP over Google Docs if things need settling or you just wanna hang with your favourite rebelious uncle and his wyrms.

(01-17-2013, 10:59 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: I got a lot of good RP that way and met a lot of new people. I strayed away from it due to wanting a change and to focus on storytelling but I think I've improved in that a bit and am ready to add more action! I'll appreciate anyone. This storyline has always succeeded because of friends and players of the server. From Flammos, Cressy, Edgar, Sadron, Reigen, Caravan, Grogloki, Mmloopen, DaveM, Sachi, Krilari, Bovel, c0rzilla, and so many more.

You got great and elaborate ideas, man. And with a great attention to detail that I just adore and apply to all my own Dungeon Mastering. Keep things up and I'll do what I can for you with Ri-ri.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(01-18-2013, 06:55 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: And you people got all upset over a human.

Speaking of, is there any conflict about Annabelle? Does anything need to be clarified, or...something?

Hahaha Yah I was thinking the same thing. Jid's kids make him face palm hard.

Two ways to roll with this Zilla unless you see or have a better Idea. But it depends on if your intended involvement with the storyline. Even at the most 'active' I'd never expect you to RP as often as you did before. But if you tend to pop up in the RP a bit more....

Zar's wife could either die in the dead scar, or seperate from Zar maybe taking Jid 2 with her. Allowing to keep the Rp between Anna, Jid and Zar unchanged relatively just presumably a couple of years in the past. That's also if you wanted to reprise roles as having the crystal skull an other things.

If you are just curious, just in case the characters may interact but have no intention of getting involved.

I'd say Zariel had a relationship with a human akin to what was portrayed in the storyline thread, at least a century ago before the birth of his son. Obviously it couldn't be Anna due to time frame. I'd still keep Anna and Zar knowing each other as they would through Jidaeo. Which either scenario Jidaeo and Annabelle would remain unchanged. You would have to specify though so the whole house knew how to respond. If you were Anna the homewrecker, or just a human who has helped the house before.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

So I'm thinking about throwing down a chapter in the storyline catching Mastus and his son up with everyone else. You cool with that pimpin? Or did you have something else in mind as far as explaining the time jump via storyline?
[Image: 15.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Inauguration of Nova XV: Thalion Novalight ThePharaoh 4 1,218 03-29-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Alliicce
  The Novalight Timeline ThePharaoh 3 1,382 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ThePharaoh
  Novalight Casting Call! Help Needed. ThePharaoh 45 6,256 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Novalight Family Tree ThePharaoh 0 5,824 10-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Last Post: ThePharaoh