The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introducing Saewyr1991!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Greetings! My name is Ben, I am 23 years old and as a player, I have been playing Games for a good majority of my life, In my life i have owned a Sega Megadrive, Nintendo (old one), Gameboy + Colour, DS, Playstation 1 + 2 + 3, Xbox + 360. I do have learning difficulties, So i might make a few mistakes here and there, But i'm still learning.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United Kingdom, So English would be my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Funnily enough, I first saw Warcraft when i was watching South Park, Back when it came out (give or take a few months) and i started looking it up on youtube which i found Athene, That got me even more into the game, Sadly i couldn't afford to play it as i had no money, So i used to make trial accounts on the US servers which i didn't realise until many years later, That i was doing so, Which i eventually made a proper account on the EU servers.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Well, I was looking for Private Servers that had Roleplaying aspects to them and i came across this site that looked decent.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy military type roleplaying events, sometimes i usually walk around the city of stormwind as i tend to roleplay loner type characters. But yes, Event type roleplay that there is some story involved is what i enjoy most.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Tough one as i play multiple characters at the moment, but i'd say Rogue, Warlock and Hunter. My Reason for the those classes are:

Rogue: With Rogues, the only few reasons to why i choose them to be my favorite, Is that i like the feeling that i am a Ninja of sorts, It's mostly because i am a fan of Naruto. But other then that they are fun to play with in regards to PvE and PvP.

Warlock: The only class that i have done really well in the game and been able to progress further than i ever done before, which is nice, Thanks to me for the Destruction Spec, which has made me enjoy the class alot in the past year. Not to fond of roleplaying the class myself, not really my style.

Hunter: First Class, that i ever played with and what i stuck with since Wraith of the Lich King, done pretty much everything that i could do anyway, within the game itself. Very Fun to roleplay, as i enjoy being the Scout in a Military Guild. Class itself is Ok, feels abit slow in regards to DPS, might be that i am not very good.

What are your expectations of this server?:

That there will be decent roleplay, and no lollers trying to ruin it for everybody.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Well, I'd have to say most of it. As not many people abide by them on the retail servers, when you try to roleplay, so that's what i have to say about that. Not forgetting i'll be able to roleplay comfortably without lollers hanging around.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

No.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is a story i wrote for one of my old Characters, Roughly three years ago, It might not be very good, So i apologize.

It was a bitter morning as usually, Always was here in icecrown, Even worse now our resources running out..everyone fighting, Had five deaths in four days....and counting, Least me and my twin brother Philip aint fighting yet...heck thats all i need at the moment....losing him over some idiotic reason, But anyway hopefully...we get to go home soon, If the higher ups in the Argent forces hurry up and make up there minds.

"Hey Dainton! You better come quick...Tirion has ordered us two to head out and make our way to the court of bones for a little scouting"...I nodded, Feeling a bit uneasy about this i followed. I have noticed something odd about my brother he seems to be different somehow, My chest felt heavy as the light was somehow trying to stop me from going, I ignored this, We got our Armour, Weapons and rations, Heading out of the camp.

It has been two days since our departure from the main camp, My brother Philip...is becoming strangely distant ever since we left, He hardly talks now, Muttering to himself..i was becoming worried about him, I tried to talk to him several times now but get trivial answers in return...Somethings up.

As we near our destination, Philip was getting worse every step closer, I felt very uncomfortable now...then "Dainton......I-I'm S-Sorry.....Forgive me" I turned around to face him as he was slightly behind me, But as i turned, He summoned what seemed to be some sort of skeletons got to be at least five of them "Why Brother, are you insane?..." He didnt answer just laughed, He waved his hand at the skeletons, I braced myself gripping my sword.

I fought for hours, Fighting these abominations...as my brother kept bringing more and more for everyone i stroke down, I tried to get closer so i could stop him, I had the light with me i could do this!...but then i was finally stroke, Badly wounded...thought this was it as my brother got closer to me laughing his head off, Pulling out a dagger hidden under his armour, This is it im going to die here of all places, How can he do this to me, By now i was starting to get faint, But all of a sudden i opened my eyes to see him run away, As he was getting chased by this giant skeleton trying to crush him, Thank the light! I turned struggling to stop the bleed, I prayed to the light to help begging and begging...by now it seems the light has forsaken me.

By now i managed to control my wound, By using crude first aid it seemed, Nearly all of the rations now gone...."I got to get to Dalaran i just got too! only if i could teleport!", Too my dismay i passed out being so close, I must of been out for hours...Days even, Lucky for me a night elf was in the area at the time...Reika i think her name was, Never knew why she was there at the time but it didn't matter i owed her my life, I was told by the one of mage that helped bring me in said she was by my side for hours before she had to head back to the barrens.

Several days have now passed since that day and of the light forsaking me, I started to train as mage not a good one mind you but i did learn quite fast once i had more more practice, It must of been there a good while now kept losing track of the time, But news past hearing rumours that the lich king has fallen and attacks in the alliance and horde cities from elementals to even hear that some aspect...deathwing they called him, Odd i tell you.

It was time i left this place now and head back to stormwind, I must of been there five minutes, and quickly joining with Vanguard of vigilance in there fight against the horde thought "Why not?....this should be interesting".

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

What would i have to do afterwards if i get approved?
Could you expand on your answer about your favorite class and race? You've given us some classes, but you haven't told us why you like to play them. Since there are certain people who like to cater to certain kinds of RP (such as Paladin RP or Warlock RP), I'm sure they'd like to hear what it is about the class that makes them fun to play.

Along with this, could you give the introduction a read through to fix all of the cases where the letter i isn't capitalized?

Also, once you get approved, I'll give you a bunch of links that will help direct you to the things you need to read and download in order to get connected. Once that's done? Well...you don't have to do anything else, other than enjoy the RP.
Ok, i have now made the changes and added more stuff to my Introduction, Hopefully i didn't make anymore mistakes while editing it.
Almost there! If you could, fix all of the capitalization errors in the introduction, specifically changing all of the lower case 'i's to 'I's. I apologize if this seems nit-picky, but keeping up a certain level of keyboarding skills is one of our rules here on CotH.
Aye i understand, Due to my learning difficulties, I tend to make a lot of mistakes, When i go to type things up as i never really had much practice when i used to tend School, Anyway i have gone back to my introduction and made the changes that was needed and hopefully it should be ok now.
Hello, Saewyr1991, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Again, sorry for being nit-picky over the grammar thing. However, it is something that you'll need to keep in mind, but with practice, everything gets better.

As for military type RP, there's a lot of it happening in Tol Barad due to the event chain going on there. If that's the kind of RP you're looking for, I'm willing to bet that you'll be able to find some there.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Introducing myself UnStoppableHax 3 1,036 06-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Last Post: UnStoppableHax
  Introducing myself. UnholySlayer123 2 915 06-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introducing Plagues Plagues 1 887 03-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Geoni
Rainbow Now Introducing.. ZackFang! ZackFang 2 970 03-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ZackFang