The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Now Introducing.. ZackFang!
Rainbow 
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well.. I've been a roleplayer for a solid 9 years or so now. I started with forums and chat rooms, eventually moving into games such as Neverwinter Nights. Throughout the years I've RPed in various settings. Star Wars was one of the biggest ones for me, and I still RP in Star Wars: The Old Republic today. Beyond that, I'm a pretty laid back person. I just enjoy playing games and having the occasional roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I live over in the United States, and have my whole life. So naturally English is my maiden language. Though I would love to see other countries some day and learn about their cultures.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

That actually started when I was just a kid. I got into Warcraft II initially on the PlayStation version. When I got a bit older I got the PC Battle Chest and was hooked on that along with StarCraft. Of course I largely played against the computer as I lacked internet in those days. I'm still not very good at multiplayer with either of the Crafts, but I own every single one with the exception of a physical copy of Warcraft 1. That one I had to dig around and find online. I admit though, the controls for that one bugged me quite a bit. The latter games spoiled me too much.

My foray into World of Warcraft started not long after it's launch. My mother and former stepfather got into it and so I was brought into it as well. For quite a few years it was a game the whole family played together, and we had a guild with many of friends both in real life and across the interwebs. After Burning Crusade though we started to gradually get less interested. By the time we were done with Wrath of the Lich King, my parents had quit and I only went back for occasional bursts of activity.

When Cataclysm came I was highly skeptical at first. I didn't like the fact that everything was getting so heavily changed and revamped. But when I finally started playing it again more seriously and trying to do roleplay, I came to enjoy it quite a bit. Of course I soon learned that you had to pretty much be in with a good RP guild or else you'd deal with a lot of trolls in the actual RP hotspots. I'd also made the mistake of picking Moon Guard to play on, home of Pr0nshire. So that made making any human characters a laggy hell. Still, I had quite a few characters that I really enjoyed playing and a certain group of people that kept me interested.

I eventually left when the population of the game started going into massive decline before the new expansion hit. When I finally got Mists of Pandaria and tried to get back into WoW again, it was pretty awful. Lot of my RP friends were gone. The players in the server just seemed to get even worse and troll a lot. Plus the mechanical changes effectively killed my favorite class and the concept of having actual talent builds. So I left and haven't gone back.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I still get the itch to play WoW, but I just cannot handle the main servers anymore. So I started looking around for private servers I could play on. I experimented with a few, but none of them were RP focused by any means. Not to mention several seemed to love jacking up the EXP rates to make leveling crazy-simple. That just wasn't appealing to me. Then tonight I get bored, start looking around again through google searches, and by some miracle I found this server. When I'd all but given up hope of ever seeing a private RP server (that was actually still alive), CotH jumped to the top of my search result like a shining beacon of hope. So I'm currently downloading the client while I write this introduction. The idea that this place might be where I can bring my old Shaman back into the fray just makes me happy. :D

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I wouldn't say I have a set preference, as I don't like limiting the experiences of my characters. Though I always enjoy combat scenarios when they're properly managed. Still for the most part I just roll with the punches and see what happens with any given RP. Though there are a few types of adult-oriented RP that I do -not- partake of, because it just makes me too uncomfortable OOCly. If I think the situation is pushing the boundaries of that though I will say something. Generally if it's something I don't want to RP, but not necessarily prevent from happening, I'll propose a "fade-to-black" scenario where the event is assumed to have happened.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

There are a lot of race/class combinations I enjoy, but I think my absolute favorite was my Orc Shaman. She had a pretty simple backstory at first but she grew into this really fun and devoted character. I also came to really enjoy the playstyle of a shaman. I would normally solo and do dungeons as an Enhancement shaman. I loved the DPS I did with it. But when I started experimenting with healing as a Restoration Shaman I knew I had to make that my permanent off-spec. So it created this interesting balance for my shaman because on the one side she had this affinity for Fire, that made her very strong in battle. But to balance that out she took a focus in the counter element of Water in order to heal her allies when they needed it. This worked out perfectly because the BC tier sets for Shaman were reflections of Fire and Water, and those became her armor sets for each spec via transmog.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Ideally, I'd like to go in and find a decent amount of people to start roleplaying with, but this seems to be a pretty low population server. So really I'm holding no expectations. I fell that might cheapen the experience for me if I do. So I'm just going to head in and learn how the server works and just see what happens.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

[i]Probably the Keyboard Skills policy. The fact that this server is aiming to have skilled roleplayers over vast numbers means the experience should be that much better. Plus I get kind of annoyed with people who just can not take the time to type out a coherent sentence.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I like the idea of this, but being completely new to the server, I'm not positive if it's wise to sign up for this right off the bat. So no for now, but maybe if I'm around later I could change that to a yes?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The sun rose up from the horizon, casting a reddish hue across the rugged land of Durotar. A female orc steps up to the top of the mesa and looks across to the sunrise. "A new day dawns.." She remarks to herself. With the light now granting her more visibility, she looks around nearby. So far nothing seemed unusual. A few orc farmers were starting to rise with the sun and tend to their livestock. The occasional creature roams around, searching for food. So far it seemed like another normal morning.

After a few moments she heard a shuffling sound nearby and drew her axes as she turned. A scorpion was starting to rush over towards her as if she were a threat. Standing at the ready she holds her weapons tight. The scorpion draws closer and lashes out with it's poisonous stinger. The orc woman reacts quickly, stepping to the side and swinging her axes down into the scorpion and breaking through it's carapace. It wriggles and screeches in pain, flailing out with it's pincers. She twists her axes and cuts even deeper until at last the scorpion fell limp. Taking a deep breath, she pulls her axes out from the slain creature. It didn't take long before something decided it was going to try and kill her.

Just another day in Durotar...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I noticed there is a voice chat server, but I haven't been able to find the information on how to get into it, if I'm even currently allowed to. So I wouldn't mind knowing if I'm allowed to join and how I might do so if I can. :)
Welcome to CotH, ZackFang!

Keyboarding skills really do make a difference over the course of any dialogue. I would suggest browsing over the rules, policies, and even the frequently asked questions from time to time. We have a newbie guide too that can also help ease you in. Even before your client is finished downloading, you can (and should!) register your in-game account in this Account Management page. Make sure you use the same information that you registered your forum name under. If you're feeling up to it, you can begin writing out a character profile using this template. There are many helpful articles and guides both on the wiki and forums.

ZackFang Wrote:Ideally, I'd like to go in and find a decent amount of people to start roleplaying with, but this seems to be a pretty low population server. So really I'm holding no expectations. I fell that might cheapen the experience for me if I do. So I'm just going to head in and learn how the server works and just see what happens.

We favor quality over quantity, though with spring right around the corner our population swells during the summer for obvious reasons. I happy to tell you that people from all over the world RP here when their timezone permits. Most are extremely willing to tell you of their cultures, languages and quirks. All you need to do is ask!

ZackFang Wrote:I like the idea of this, but being completely new to the server, I'm not positive if it's wise to sign up for this right off the bat. So no for now, but maybe if I'm around later I could change that to a yes?

Being completely new to the server (and sometimes WoW too!) is the perfect reason for signing up for a Mentor. They can help you with technical issues (or find someone who can), give you a tour of our small OOC island, ease you into some RP, aid you with character concepts and simply be your pal. They are volunteers (just like everyone here) and would love to enslave collect help you towards your goal of autonomy. That being said, of course you can sign up later. In addition, feel free to send me a PM with any further questions.

ZackFang Wrote:I noticed there is a voice chat server, but I haven't been able to find the information on how to get into it, if I'm even currently allowed to. So I wouldn't mind knowing if I'm allowed to join and how I might do so if I can.

The information is here. You'll want to take a peek at the voice chat rules. The standard rules also apply.

Love,
Ural
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
(03-10-2014, 12:59 PM)Ural Wrote: Being completely new to the server (and sometimes WoW too!) is the perfect reason for signing up for a Mentor. They can help you with technical issues (or find someone who can), give you a tour of our small OOC island, ease you into some RP, aid you with character concepts and simply be your pal. They are volunteers (just like everyone here) and would love to enslave collect help you towards your goal of autonomy. That being said, of course you can sign up later. In addition, feel free to send me a PM with any further questions.

Oh well in that case let's change that to an outright yes. I apologize, it was late at night when I submitted this initially so I may have misread something and thought it was asking if -I- wanted to be a Mentor. Any help to get established with my character would be very much appreciated. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Introducing myself UnStoppableHax 3 1,036 06-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Last Post: UnStoppableHax
  Introducing myself. UnholySlayer123 2 915 06-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introducing Plagues Plagues 1 887 03-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Introducing Saewyr1991! Saewyr1991 5 1,241 03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
  Introducing Sk8devil585 Sk8devil585 3 874 03-03-2014, 10:06 PM