The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Battle and Gambling Society
The Battle and Gambling Society

Guild Name: The Gambling Society (Full Name: The Battle and Gambling Society)

Guild Leader: Aeus Rteschiaron (In-Game name: Aeus)

Guild Ranks:

Master of Games - Aeus Rteschiaron, creator of the Battle and Gambling Society. Overseer of all operations, and final word on any major decisions within the League.

Assistant - Direct assistant to the Master of Games. May be assigned various tasks by the Master of Games, but also has regular work within the Society as well. Oversees Judges and Organizers.

Judge - Overseers of combat and game tournaments within the Society. Primarily watches over battles and tournaments, enforcing rules and fairness. Able to organize combat and tournaments, as well as register warbands, combatants, and tournament game-players, in the absence of an Organizer.

Organizer - Registers combatants, warbands, and tournament game-players. Schedules and organizes combat and game tournaments.

Game-Player - A game-player within the Society. While there is a rank within the guild for this position, it is not necessary to be in this guild, or any guild, to participate in the Society's gambling and game mini-events. Anyone at all can participate.

Combatant - A fighter within the Society. While there is a rank within the guild for this position, it is not necessary to be in this guild, or any guild, to participate in the League's fighting mini-events. Anyone at all can participate, as long as they are officially registered by someone of any of the non-combatant ranks within the guild.

Guild Information:
The Battle and Gambling Society is an organization created by Aeus Rteshiaron in order to promote friendly competition in the form of battles and gambling games, between players or combatants of various backgrounds and skill types. The tournaments held by the Society are overseen by members of the League, called Judges, which watch over battles and tournaments, record various stats, and ensure rules are withheld. Anyone at all can take part in the Society's events, but for tournaments, players must first be registered through a worker within the League.

If you wish to take part in the League's Battles, you must contact a Judge, Assistant, or the Master of Games, who will then register you, and your warband, if you wish to start one. If a combatant wishes to join, but does not wish to start their own warband, an Assistant or the Master of Games of the League may assign them to a warband on request.

Flyers can be found posted around many common places, explaining that The Battle and Gambling Society is looking for players, combatants, and employees. Aeus Rteschiaron will be staying at the Salty Sailor Tavern in Booty Bay. He can most often be found in the uppermost floor of the Tavern.

Gambling and Game Information

Here, I will be listing various Games and information for gambling.

If anyone has any ideas for possible games for the Society, feel free to let me know in a post here, in a PM to me, or IC to Aeus.

If anyone is designing/has designed a WoW friendly game that can be used for gambling or would otherwise fit here, please feel free to let me know either in a post here, in a PM to me, or IC to Aeus.

I will be listing the current ideas/plans for various games and other information below.

Implemented Games:
HAZARD: A Game of Dice (Book explaining the rules can be obtained from Aeus Rtechiaron)

Potential Games:

Fable Pub Games (I would like to implement any of the various pub games from the Fable series somehow, but I don't know of any way it would be possible)

Combat Information

King Titles

Light ---- Holy King

Shadow ---- Blood King

Flame ---- Flame King

Water ---- Storm King

Earth ---- Earth King

Air ---- Wind King

Ranks

King - A rank left only for the six kings, only the best of the best players can make it here.

A ---- Highest rank, only the best warbandss can make it here.

B ---- Second highest rank, you're getting there.

C ---- Third highest rank, you've passed the 50% mark.

D ---- Third lowest rank, almost half way there.

E ---- Second lowest rank, keep working.

F ---- Lowest rank, everyone starts here.

Warbands, judges, and Fights

1. A Judge will be someone who is not in a warband, and will have the
responsibility of watching over official fights between warbands.

2. Every warband will start at the F rank.

3. Everyone, in order to be in official fights, must be in a registered warband.

4. All fights will be supervised by at least one judge.

5. While character death will NOT be possible during an official fight, the Battle and Gambling Society is not responsible for what may or may not happen between warbands when not in official matches.

6. All fighting rules are to be decided by the leaders of the participating groups before the start of the battle.

Disbanding and ranking

1. Three losses in official fights, if the warband is currently rank F,
will result in a warband being forced to disband.

2.Three losses in official fights, if the warband is currectly above rank F,
will result in the warband losing a rank.

3. A warband, if the leader wishes to do so, may disband without any loss
involved.

4. Three wins in official fights, against a warband of the same rank,
will result in the winning warband gaining a new rank.

5. One win in a official fight, against a warband of a higher rank, will
result in the winning warband gaining a new rank.

6. Players will be chosen to gain the "King" rank, based on various stats that will be kept behind the scenes.

7. Only six total characters throughout the entire server are able to
obtain the "King" rank at any given time.

8. The "King" Rank is only available for players who have exceeded past all
others. Entire warbands are unable to gain the rank. It is possible for
multiple members of the same warband to gain the "King" rank, but only if there
are enough "King" rank spots open, and the characters are chosen as deserving of the rank.

Other Information

1. Anything in this post may be edited or removed at any time, with or without notice

2. Anything in this post that appears to be unfinished, was likely
forgotten as new rules came up. I would appreciate it if anyone would make
a short post on here, telling me what they think of this system, and
reporting anything unfinished.

3. If anyone has any questions on anything you don't understand, or
anything else, feel free to post it here.

4. All information regarding the various warbands and combatants will be recorded, including statistics like win/loss records, "killing blows", and more. This information will be listed publicly (If allowed on the forums), unless otherwise requested by the combatant or warband in question.
King - A rank left only for the six kings, only the best of the best players can make it here.

A ---- Highest rank, only the best warbandss can make it here.

B ---- Second highest rank, you're getting there.

C ---- Third highest rank, you've passed the 50% mark.

D ---- Third lowest rank, almost half way there.

E ---- Second lowest rank, keep working.

F ---- Lowest rank, everyone starts here.

Suggestion: After "A" make it Jack-Ace

:B
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
One suggestion I have is to not have so many Guild ranks. Looking at it now, you'll be lucky if you even get one person for each rank. We're not the size of a retail server, so you can't have as many people in your guild.
I'd like to mention that combatants don't necessarily have to be in the guild, there will be a register kept of all combatants within the league, whether they're in the guild or not. This means that someone from any other guild could become a combatant in the League, without having to abandon other commitments. That being said, with points on the server with 30+ members online (granted that's peak times, probably, but that shouldn't affect this situation), I don't see six ranks being a problem, but if it would please the server, I could lessen it to an extent.

Regarding the reply from Aphetoros, I don't know if I completely understand what you're saying. If you are suggesting, however, that I add ranks above A, I don't know if that would be a possible change, considering the other topic discussed in this post.
The first post has been updated with plenty of new information! I hope people will like this one!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Solheim Society Rosencrat 31 9,930 12-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Grimfist Battle Brothers mimloopen 15 2,566 12-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Janeiro Society [Pirate guild] Zukaza031 3 1,036 02-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Zukaza031
  The Artisan Society Kirabo 0 644 10-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Kirabo
  The Tirisfal Society omnivar 0 681 08-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: omnivar