Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lawless area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Heyo CoTHians.

Right, I had an idea, and I was hoping the idea might be able to be talked over with the good folks of CotH, in the hopes that one day, it might become a reality in the CotH world.
Well, the thing is, as much as I have seem the occasional lawbreakers and such in town's and cities, I feel the place is missing a certain element of lawlessness, as in, even in the most uncivilised and brutal parts of the world, there is still guards, rules, regulations, and general snuffing out of all civil unrest. Now my idea is, we need a place where there is no guards, no law's, no rules, but is also accessible to players. So I propose, maybe we can come up with some ramshackle town, or camp, where the only law is what you can defend with sword or spell. If someone doesn't like what your doing, tough, only way they can stop you is if they can beat you into stopping. I like this idea as even the catacombs have laws, rules, guards, certain people are permitted and some are not, if you steal, the guards will kill you just as any other city.

The place could maybe simply be put up with some shacks and a bar, in the middle of nowhere, or could utilise one of the many abandoned towns already in game, and all it would need I believe to bring it to life would be easy access, such as a GMI portal to and from it. While its currently possible to be totally lawless in uninhabited areas of the game world, Its very rare to come across someone, and 99 of the time you have to organise it to run into someone. This way, it could essentially lead to some mildly organised chaos. And everyone loves a bit of chaos.

Warriors could be there to prove they are fearless. Paladins could venture there to try, succeeding or failing, to snuff out the lawless rabble. It would be great fun in my opinion. It would only need a location, and while technically it wouldn't exist in lore, there is no reason why people could not descend on some abandoned place and set up shop away from prying eyes of guards and the opinions of civilisation, as far as I can tell

SO what do you all think? Possible? Good idea?
I like this idea, although I am seeing a problem of it turning into a possible riot and ending up with 4+people wanting to all fight at once.
When I read through this I though 'Oh no, I can tell nothing good would come from a place like this. . .' but that's kind of the whole point. It'd be an interesting experiment, that's for sure, but people might be afraid of actually going there to RP due to the chaos and unlawfulness.
I think it's somewhat a good idea...but I think it would end up becoming quite a short lived thing, and it would only take a large guild of either good/evil to clear the area for good.
I actually would be disappointed if a guild decided to come in and use their sheer numbers just to control the lawless area.

I know a few places that are like ghost towns without mobs, but you can't cause too much of a scene without attracting someone's attention. The Scarlet Enclave is one, if you did something big then you could get the attention of the Scarlets AND the Ebons. There's also this empty island outside Scholomance... but I am guessing being by Scholomance would be a very bad idea.
I think the fact that people would be scared to RP there is a GOOD thing. Its world of WARcraft, and right now I feel just a bit too safe that no harm can ever come to me unless I go out specifically to get into harm in RP. I would like a place where it could happen when I'm not expecting it. The whole character warning system would still apply, giving you the right to skip town if you got in trouble. But heck, if a guild organises a rout on the town, they would have to realise there is a good chance that some of their members could be killed, which i think would deter anyone from just waltzing on in and saying "Right you lot, paladins are here, disperse now Plz..." after all, players would not have to be the only IC inhabitants, we could scatter NPC thugs about the place, meaning that it would have to be quite a monumental raid to take the place. :)

Even if a good guild, or an evil guild, tried to establish control over the town, doesn't that sound like some truly Epic RP? Criminal town gets taken over by zealot paladins, and the criminals form a rebellion? Or Evil guilds battle for control of the town amongst one another for their own means. I think it would form some awesome, almost gang based rivalries between bands of ruffians and scallywags :D
I agree, this area would prove useful for some clean slate character RP!

Cartels could set up shop in this area as well, giving them some sort of purpose. What it started to break off into factions, and sections? "This is our turf, you can piss off or we'll gut ya."

"Orly?" *Turf war!*

I would like to see this, gives Rogg some fighting time. :3
Exactly! Mercenary characters could get work guarding territories too, which is nice as you see a lot of mercenary characters played with not much to do IC, could make for some great fun to see who rises to the top of the "food chain" as it were :)
I support this idea! Sounds like a good opportunity for some more varied RP to me. Definitely worth a try.
I was just more put off to the idea of some of the bigger guilds playing police in the area. Would sorta break the lawless atmosphere, though.
They'd have no true authority there other than having more muscle than you on your own. They also would not have members there to police 24/7, and if nobody else likes it, get a gang of people together and kick 'em out. Go cross-guild if you don't have enough friends. Somebody trying to take over and enforce their will would, I think, be inevitable in such a place, but it's not exactly a hard situation to fix when problems are solved by the sword.
This does indeed sound like a good idea. Thugs, robbers and mercenaries would be epic to play there. And I wouldn't be to worried about a guild taking over the place, and as Miah said, REBELLION! 8D

No, seriously. It does sound like a great idea. We'd be able to play all those lawless criminals we always wanted to play. xD

Btw. I call the name "Frey Gox" For my criminal. Oblivion ftw. <3
*points at mandudely responce* He beat me to it. Heck, kicking some zeleaot up-themselves paladin butt would be fun! "Gerrouta my town ya light luvin' Layabouts! Dis' town's ours!" *thwacks a paladin with a mace*
I rather like this idea, and if it could be alright with other GMs, possibly make a small back-water town in Kalimdor, essentially for brigands, refugees, the dishonored and exiled, all just sort of gathering together to form the scraps of a community with no official power backing them, they struggle for resources and for peace, I imagine for the most part the land itself brings no economic or political assets so it's generally unwanted by Alliance or Horde, but bandits and the like may often attack the town in order to prey on it's citizens, and this would open up some RP for warriors, mercs and paladins to drop in and protect the people of this town and etc. etc. but still plenty of room for Jim Bob to get mad at Steve for stealing his liquor and socking him good without guards coming in and stopping it. A frontier village so to speak!
Well, there is this one goblin town in dustwallow marsh that could have its guards removed and turned over to the players. =3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17