Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A vouch for Brutal Honesty.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Good day everyone. I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, and after recent talks with a few of my friends, I've decided to post this up.

I want you, the playerbase, I want you to be as brutally damn honest as humanly possible. What do you think is wrong with me? What do you think is wrong with the team? What can we do to make it better? I want you guys to stop sugar-coating this feedback and give it to me straight.

What can we do to make this better?
*butts in and takes a bit of space in the OP as well*
*cracks knuckles* Also, this is my opinion.

To the team: Alright. Firstly, and I've said this before, you all need to be more critical of player profiles. In my opinion, too much is wrong, lore-wise, with character profiles and yet they get through just fine. A bit more... up-tight ness with the profile thing, as well as attempting to reduce the amount of special character submissions (Doesn't someone need your approval before posting one) would be nice.

To Krilari: One thing I think you could work on is knowing your lore better before diving into something. Perhaps you should think more of how things will work ICly and how much somebody would do this ICly before diving at it OOCly. I guess what I'm trying to say is think before you act.

EDIT: Missed the third question.

To Krilari: One thing you could do better is ask somebody who has the unofficial stamp of lore for said race/class/whatever. I know my lore (hopefully) for the majority of races and classes, and would gladly help you iron out some details.

To the Team: Just be more non-lenient. Take into consideration the races background and how you think this would work, considering the various factors.
"Let's just stop, and put it away, or put it down off."

Idk how to describe it, but everything's just put right off, any topic that's brought up ig that everyone SHOULD hear, the GMs just shut it up. And brush it off to themselves, YOU need to let the server in, and have a legit talk. Almost every question of mine at the meet N greet ended being, oh let's just put it off. And I was accused of having an attitude? What the hell?

I'll add more to this, oh don't worry.

First Edit:

Second, the thing may be anything that goes against the GM - team or if someone constantly disagrees. It's labelled disrespectful and then that player is forced to stop or they may get temp suspension. What about GMs that continue to just disagree? They don't get in trouble, sorry, it's always the GM versus the player, and the player loses no matter what.
Spiralin Wrote:"Let's just stop, and put it away, or put it down off."

Idk how to describe it, but everything's just put right off, any topic that's brought up ig that everyone SHOULD hear, the GMs just shut it up. And brush it off to themselves, YOU need to let the server in, and have a legit talk. Almost every question of mine at the meet N greet ended being, oh let's just put it off. And I was accused of having an attitude? What the hell?

I'll add more to this, oh don't worry.

We weren't trying to put off the argument so much as it was getting a bit personal, and it was so dragged out that it was holding off other people's questions and it was rather unfair to derail the M&G over that one thing.
I'm not fond of seconding when there's this few posts, but I'm inclined to agree with Spiralin. If we just keep putting pins in problems whenever they come up, what we're left with is a pincushion and a whole bunch of unsolved problems.

I don't see you doing anything wrong personally, Krilari.
Right! Brutal honesty it is. I do not mean to come over as rude, but for me, honesty and straight to the point are two sides of the same coin! ^.~

Regarding the entire team:
- Check profiles more often. 49 profiles without anyone taking a look for five days is a bad thing! If GMs would take the time to do -1- profile each day, there would have been 9+ profiles checked a day. (Ironically, I had send this in a way more sugar-coated way to someone) To counter Danalthar's point however, I say be just as you are now but honest. Lore is what we write ourselves, and while the grand guidelines should fit, I can imagine people getting upset to be put back to spot 49 due to a small lore thing that isn't certain.

- Post more on the forum! Sillyness, lore answers, discussions, get involved in them. Heck, if there would just be a more off-topic spam, it would look like the GMs were more active on the forums. ^.~

- Share your thoughts more yourselves, in terms of feedback or current discussions or anything. Then again, that comes a bit with the above point.

- Host more hide and seek games! Or in general, both IC and OOC events. They can be short (Say 20 min) they can be long, they can be weird, heck, anything will do.

Regarding Krilari / Lox : Nothing particular frankly.
This topic isn't a forum for spewing your distaste towards moderate choices regarding any sort of disciplinary action ( Y i get baned/waurned/ignoreded? ). This is to discuss your honest opinions on what you feel WE are doing that is detrimental towards the community as a whole, not just you.
What do you mean WE Wuvvums? You're not a GM, I'm talking about the GMs. This isn't a thread about you. Though it seems others may've made it about you.

I don't give a flying fadoodle! If it's at the M&G or anywhere else, there's TOPICS that need to be talked about. That's sweeped under a rug, that the GMs keep to themselves.
Maybe... more criticalness on profiles.

I love you guys.

<3

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WxrXvDdKuw[/youtube]

This is for my favorite Box.

And also, everyone chill.
Spiralin, ditch the attitude. Review the rules. ( Respect )

Get back on topic people. Do not derail this.

On that note, I know what I'm doing wrong (As a GM). I plan on fixing it. But RL should always take priority.
Alright then, I want to partake in an exercise here.

PM me your concern. One at a time, please. I will give you as much time as you want on the issue, I will answer each facet of the problem to the best of my ability. Personally I thought the meet n' greet responses were cut off to be brief and continue on to the next question.

EDIT: That means you Spiralin. Give me an issue and I will address it, but keep the attitude down.

EDIT 2: Before anyone calls the PMing AGH GMS TRYING TO KEEP THINGS SEKRIT, its to conserve space. If you want a full length discussion, I'm going to respond until you tell me your question is done.
Well, I might not be a GM, but this was our meet and greet, as in the server's meet and greet. This was our chance to get together and get to know one another, and not derail it over private issues.
....Attitude? I've said it once, I'll say it again. You cannot determine my attitude through words that have no honest description of it. I've stated that there's topics that we bring up, that are pushed under a rug.

So far, I don't understand how you all assume I have an attitude? That seems to be the answer, attitude/disrespect.

My stance, GMs are not open to the players as much as they should be. Thank you.
*grabs popcorn*
This won't go unlocked for long.

Honestly, don't ask for brutal honesty. Some people will give just that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19